Tools

Welcome to our newest Forum.
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
Thanks for the suggestion Kutenay.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am very pleased to see this forum here and will do my best to contribute what experience I have gained in this type of hunting. Thanks to DRG and Saeed as well as Canuck.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to it too. Thanks Don, and thanks for the suggestion Kutenay.

Most of my hunting is done with a pack on my back and I have spent a lot of time researching long distance packing since the early 90's. Like you Kutenay I have a passion for it and have done a few interesting solo trips, and some neat ones with my hunting partners. I am really interested in the info we can share here.

I have had much less free time on my hands the last couple years though, so have less time to keep up with the new offerings and technology out there. Hopefully this will help there too!

Smiler Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 57, still backpack hunt, and I enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am certainly glad to see the new site...great idea, K., and a great moderator, C.!!! I really hope to learn a lot here...Arthur Olds

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn, I had hoped I would not have to do this again. I like it best when someone else carries the "backpack". It is fun, however, and I look forward to discussions here.

Posts: 10244 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a moon and a half away from 57 and I gotta tell ya my Polaris 700 made the last two backpack trips real enjoyable....kinda like when we used to get pushed out of a UH-1 and the crew chief said "see ya in two weeks"!!

Few things are as enjoyable as a nice week in the woods with family and friends, but I just don't understand why they are making things soooo much heavier than they used to!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Interesting Forum! thumb

I think I'm going to like this one! clap

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
craigster
one of us

Posted Dec 29, 10:32 PM
I'm 57, still backpack hunt, and I enjoy every minute of it.

I never would have thought you over 56.
It is great fun packing in with my son and future son-in-law as I love nothing more than to grind those young guys into the trail.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Interesting forum! However, I am not very experienced in the backpacking field.

There should be warning added on this forum-Camping stuff is great, can be very addictive. Before you can say "bobs your uncle" the Imelda Marcos syndrome is in full bloom animal animal animal

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll add my two cents worth. This is a subject after my own heart. I'm looking forward to the discourse for 2006. Yep, I'm 58 and still at it, but hell's bells my knees have hurt for the last 20 years anyway!

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with all the above--the info that's shared here will be a great addition to this site---chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad to see this forum. I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriate to call it self propelled hunting? Then we could include canoes and boats. For the meantime I intend to spend a lot of time here!!

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good call on the new forum. I have never been backpack hunting, unless road marches in the Army count, and am looking forward to learning more.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see this forum too. I'm a real gearhead and like to try new stuff and ideas.
Happy New Year.
Ken

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Don & Kutenay

Need to thank both of you for this super new forum! cheers

It hasn't been here that long and already I've picked up on a ton of ideas!!!

Thanks again!!! thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote