Find
Notify
Tools

Bumbags?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
I am after some advice please, for years I have used and have been very happy with a stoney creek bumbag (old model - carry straps at the base of bag to carry rolled up leggings)

I have had all my hunting kit nicked and need to replace my bumbag. Do I go with the stoney creek or look at another make?

Whats the Badlands Nano like - is it waterproof? Is the material thick to protect contents of the bag?

Regards NW

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
NW,

Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet. What is a bumbag? What is "nicked"?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Fanny pack?

Stolen?

My "uneducated American" guess.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Yea you got it, had my Land Rover stolen with alot of hunting equipment in it, binoculars, rangefinder, foxpro caller and bags!

Mad

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Since inquiring minds need to know Smiler:

American Fannypack = English Bumbag

Fanny = American slang for rear end

Fanny = English slang for female front end (below the waist)

As to your question, I have had g0od luck with a badlands pack, and yes it is waterproof. I have looked long and hard at adding one of their "Bumbags". My only concern is that they are relatively heavy.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote