New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virgin Valley barrels.
 Login/Join

<mnmark>
posted
Has anyone out there had any dealings with Virgin Valley Custom guns? I'm considering purchasing a barrel from them in .223 rem. for my Encore pistol. Was wondering how the accuracy is and how there customer service rates?

Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered one encore barrel from them, and it hasn't been shot enough to say anything about its accuracy. I was not particularly impressed with the service. The delivery time got pushed back repeatedly, never with any explanation. There were some other problems as well, email me if you'd like the details.

Cannon

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Mr Mike>
posted
I have a couple of different Contender barrels from VVCG, and to tell the truth I'm not that pleased with them.

Their service is slow, they just plain lie about delivery times and the quality of their work has been deteriorating over the past two years.

I would recommend either Bullberry or SSK instead of VVCG.

If you want specifics, please feel free to email me.

-Mr Mike

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
As far as Bullberry, don't expect lightning delivery times, my 8 week delivery turned into 4 months. I don't know what SSK's delivery times are like, but they aren't known for the best customer relations. I haven't shot a virgin valley, so no comments on their quality. You might want to post over at graybeardoutdoors.com in the t/c section.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<SD Handgunner>
posted
While I have not had a VVCG Barrel, I have had barrels from both Bullberry, and SSK. I have had 3 different Bullberry 6mm-223 Barrels, the first was absolutely great, the second one had a chip out of the chamber, and Fred replaced it, hence the third one. This one was horrible. There was something wrong with the chamber, I could fire a round, remove it from the chamber, then try to reinsert it in the chamber, and the action would not close.

My SSK Barrel was a .250 Savage, and the only thing I can find to fault with this barrel is that I let a friend talk me out of it. It was super accurate, and the chamber seemed perfect, at least as well as I could tell. When I ordered this barrel, our Deer Season was approaching. Carol in the SSK Office said she could make no promises, but would try to get my barrel to me in the needed 5 weeks. Well, my Barrel arrived with 2 weeks to spare.

Larry

<Todd HHI #6829>
posted
For what its worth, my experience with VVCG has been very good, I have two barrels and both arrived before they were promised. Both shoot very accurate, better than I can. Each barrel had a small problem but each was quickly corrected, the first had a hinge pin hole slightly under diameter and the second had the wrong extractor when I received it. They reamed the hole and returned the barrel quickly and they gave me the choice of sending in the barrel for the extractor or having them send it to me with the pins to fix it. I had them send it to me and it works perfect now.

Good shooting,

Todd

<Kiliman911>
posted
MnMark,
I work at Virgin Valley and have taken note of your question. I also have noted the responses that have been posted. I don't deny that, at times, orders are received after the date that they have been promised. I do stand behind our products and MY service to the customers. Although I will admit that I do make mistakes I also take care of the problems and tell the customer why their order is late. If others in the shop make promises and do not keep them, then all I can do is try to rectify the situation the best that I can. If anyone has questions please feel free to call and talk to me about them, this also includes compliants or complements.
On a lighter note Virgin Valley is having a pistol barrel sale. All pistol blanks in stock are 195.00 blue or SS. The only catch is that the sale is limited to supply on hand (lengths 10-14", twists, and calibers .17-.50) and will run until July 30th. for more information please check our website. www.virginvalleyguns.com
Thank you
Dave Branham
Sales Dept.
Virgin valley Guns
1-888-711-7551
branham@infowest.com