THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    450 marlin in the NEW BFR from Magnum research

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 marlin in the NEW BFR from Magnum research
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got the new catalog yesterday on the new and improved BFR besides the improvements they made they are now it comes in 450 marlin in a 10 inch barrel.

I would bet that we will hear of someone using 45-70 or 450 marlin brass or 375 h&h to make a 475 x 2.0 or 2.1. Maybe even taking the linebaugh 475 and 500 out to 2.0 or 2.1 and creating a stopping pistol that will take your arm off.

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<J�rgen>
posted
Hey RNS ! What`s so bad with a 450 Marlin
in a Handgun ??I just ordered a 16" barrel
in 50/70 for my Encore and yes I intend to
really shoot it , with bullets of 600gr.
and a case full of N120 !Isn`t that where the
fun is ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing is wrong at all and we will probably soon see th 475-70 and the 50-70 in the revolver. I just think that it is impressive to see a gun that size with 5 shots instead of one, since it holds 5 shots it holds more than some rifles. I have one on my Christmas wish list. Well enjoy shooting your 50-70 and keep us posted on how it works. RNS

<J�rgen>
posted
I sure will keep you posted , unless I need
major "handsurgery" after I used it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I might be able to get a few bandaids away from my kids if you like cartoon pic on them. Good luck RNS

one of us
posted Hide Post
RNS,

The 50 Alaskan is a reality now so you may want to check it out and maybe have your BFR 45-70 coverted to a 50 Alaskan. The 50 Alaskan is like a 500 Linebaugh except it is 2.1 in long. This would be truly an ultimate handgun if you can handle it.

Good luck!
m

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I read about custom made .458 WIN mag. revolver, muzzle energy with custom loads exceeded 6000J and weight of cylinder was the same as weight of whoole Freedom arms m. 83 in .454 with 7 1/2" barrel . . . Maybe .700 nitro express could be fine

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Why not just chamber one in .577 T-Rex ?

mike

------------------
NRA Life Member

America, Love it or LEAVE IT!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
mssmagnum: I prefer .700 nitro because I like straight walled cases in revolver !

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<BRS>
posted
Century Arms made several of those big heavy single action 5 shots in 30-30, 45-70, 50-70, and 50-110. I found one at a gun show a few years back in 45-70 and still kick myself for not buying it...

- Ben

<Rezdog>
posted
So why hasn't anyone ever made up an Encore in 577 Snider or 577-.450 MH??? Other than the astronomical price of dies and brass, sounds like fun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I want one too! I was thinking more on the lines of the 444 chambering, but the 450 would be nice. It can't kick that hard.

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote