THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    HOW DID DEER HUNTING GO THIS YEAR

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOW DID DEER HUNTING GO THIS YEAR
 Login/Join

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Well the first day of deer hunting in Indiana went good. My boy could not go the first weekend. We set up his Remington 1100 20ga to shot the new 260gr Winchester slug.
So the first day I use his 20ga an shot 2 doe at 125yds. The next day I shot a 6 point buck at 90yds with my Competitor pistol in 308 Win. This was in the southern Indiana we went be home on Sunday to the northern part of the state. On Wednesday we went back out and I shot a doe a 276yds with my Competitor in 375JRS Mag. So how did you do this year hunting????

<Fuzz>
posted
I took my Nephew out for his first hunt. He got a spike. I didn't get to shoot my SBH , but I still had a good year. Fuzz

<Paladin>
posted
Hi from southern Indiana. Bambi died: a 180gr. Speer Gold Dot through his big, wide, warm, lovin' heart, launched by the .38-40 Ruger Blackhawk. He's snuggled in the freezer now..... Mostly.

<SlimL>
posted
I was also successful. Took a 3 point Blacktail on the last day of the season here in Washington. I got to hunt all season and still got a deer. Took it with my SRH in .44 Mag. The Encore still has the skunk on it though. Got a week and a half cougar trip planned for the Christmas break we get from work. Saw two sets of tracks on Thanksgiving weekend. That's success in itself. Slim

<brrrnt>
posted
well my hunting trip was rather successful. at least i think anyways. I purchased a 454 casull and scoped it this year with a 2X bushnell. i also cast my own bullets which adds to the fun. anywho, i ended up shooting a button buck about 50-60 yds away with the pistol. this is my first kill with a pistol and makes me more proud then getting a big buck with a rifle.

Happy In PA

<dr280>
posted
so-so, here in central michigan. shot a nice doe with my bow for the freezer- and hunted hard until gun season. saw 4 small bucks opening day, no shooters. have been doing the "let em go- let em grow" for about 6 years now. my best buck is an 8 point that scores 98 shot with a bow.

<quickdraw>
posted
Deer hunting has been awful for still / stand hunting this year. It's just too warm and dry. However, that has made the boys who run dogs have the best season in memory. These next few days should be my best chance, though. It's bear season too. Some boy killed a 700lb one a couple days ago.

--QD

<yoda>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dustin:
Well the first day of deer hunting in Indiana went good. My boy could not go the first weekend. We set up his Remington 1100 20ga to shot the new 260gr Winchester slug.
So the first day I use his 20ga an shot 2 doe at 125yds. The next day I shot a 6 point buck at 90yds with my Competitor pistol in 308 Win. This was in the southern Indiana we went be home on Sunday to the northern part of the state. On Wednesday we went back out and I shot a doe a 276yds with my Competitor in 375JRS Mag. So how did you do this year hunting????

This year was another good one. Shot my doe at a little after 7 with my .44 mag in a T/C. Only my third pistol kill but its definitly a rush I,ll never give up!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a good year I killed 5 two bucks and 3 does. The rest of the family did well My 14 yoa son kill his first bow buck and rifle buck my daughter killed 1 buck and two does and my wife killed a buck. A good year.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Crawfish>
posted
Had a great season the time out. Because of medical conditions I hadn't pulled the trigger on a deer in three seasons. This time 'round the family put 21 in the cooler. I killed all six (does)to fill my tags with my .41s'. In fact the new wildcats got a real workout. Both sons killed deer with both the .41GNR#2 and .41GNR. My grandaughter kill her 157+BC 10pt with the new SBH from Gary Reeder with the .41GNR cylinder installed. Had a bountyfull season. No store bought meat for us this year.

------------------
Handgun Hunter
LOVE THOSE .41s'