THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Holster for Scoped 8 3/8" 500 S&W X-Frame?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for Scoped 8 3/8" 500 S&W X-Frame?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Alright, so now that I've got the 500 scoped and pretty much dialed in for the fall I need to find a holster for this thing that will accomodate the scope. Does anyone know of a holster big enough for these guns that will also handle the scope? I've looked at Desantis, Galco, Uncle Mikes, can't find one. Did I miss something?

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I frequently carry my larger pistols in a gun rug in my daypack until the hunting starts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a #4 Uncle Mikes for my 454 Super Redhawk with a 2X scope. Not sure if it will fit you 500. h.h.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7STDUBBERU
posted Hide Post
This is a guy from over on Specialty Pistols. I have one of his rigs and they are great. Dave is also a great guy, he will make you whatever you telll him you want and will not rest until you are 100% satisfied.

Quiet Hide Holsters

God Bless Our Troops

FU-AC

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Go to the S&W site they have a couple different holsters for a scoped 500 Mag.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/P...y_rn=16235&training=

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/P...y_rn=16235&training=

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Redhawk1 pointed out S&W does sell them and the #4 Uncle Mikes Cross Draw Bandolier also fits. I have a camo version for mine with the removable flap and the number is 9404-6.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote