Find
Notify
Tools

My Seville is back....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Received my .44 mag Seville back from Hamilton Bowen today. His work when it comes to tuning and adjusting (it needed a higher front sight a new hand spring, and some other minor adjustments)is tops....a magician with revolvers.
With the new grips by Dick Thompson (Bullshooter Custom Revolver Stocks) we are ready to roll.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
shocker Eeker Congratulation Gringo!!!clap
"El Pelado amigo"

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Bill, that is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, glad you like the Amboyna Burl stocks, its the first pair I've done for a Seville.

Dick

Posts: 135 | Location: Soda Springs, Idaho | Registered: 16 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is quite striking to say the least. The grips are beautiful.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 09 September 2010 07:11 Hide Post
Bill, glad you like the Amboyna Burl stocks, its the first pair I've done for a Seville.

Dick

Dick, you are an artist with wood, very beautiful.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very pretty revolver.

Does Dick have a website for his grips? I can't find anything about him?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Very pretty revolver.

Does Dick have a website for his grips? I can't find anything about him?

He does not....call him at 208 540-7788 and tell him BillInTheWild sent you....he is working on another set for me right now...or send him a PM... Wink

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Sad Seville story.....after all that work....
cracked a cylinder early the week before last.
Must have thrown a double charge. Mad Frowner Confused Mailed back to Bowen....after call to Hamilton and John Linebaugh we learned that a Ruger Blackhawk cylinder fits like it was made for it.... tu2 revolver is back to me now....cylinder next week after it is blued.... clap

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun!

I am getting interested in the sa's after my most recent gun shopping experience Smiler

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I don't have a website, I'm retired & just make stocks in my spare time. If I did it full time I would be to busy & wouldn't get to do much hunting!! I have lots of very nice wood on hand & turn around time is fast.
I make them 2 different ways, fitted to the gun but extra wood all around & the client does the final shaping to suit them, these will drop right on your gun, I also sell them totally finished.
Here's some S&W stocks from different wood.

Here's some Ruger single action stocks from various wood.

Thanks, Dick

Posts: 135 | Location: Soda Springs, Idaho | Registered: 16 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Dick....very nice to be able to see all those various woods and then the ones you have made up...

I really like this one....

Middle row, extreme left grips....
Also nice, the middle row 5th from left...

What are they?

I assume the "white" blanks are Holly...I think they would be nice if they could be inlaid with a dark walnut or black...a star, initials, etc.

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, the first pair you refer to is coco bolo & the second pair is bocote. The Holly is my #1 seller, takes on a beautiful aged ivory look when the finish is applied. I send some of them to Texas & have them laser engraved, they turn out very nice.
Spent the winter of 08 in Texas, I took 6 hogs while I was there, 4 with this old model 41 maggie & 2 with the knife. I had the hog engraved on the right stock after the hunt.

Here's one of the hogs with the 41 maggie.

Here's one of the two I took with the knife.

Dick

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Dick. Congratulations on knifing the hogs. I have done that in Argentina and it was a real rush. I will send you a photo of my last one...

The Holly grips you posted are beautiful and tempting especially with the laser engraving.

I note that your .41 is a 3 screw....I surely favor those.

That said, if you have some Cocobolo or Bocote like the pair shown, that's what I would like.

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I don't know a damned thing WRT handguns, but I know I love the look of that rod. Cool!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote