THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Muzzle blast from a 500 S&W

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle blast from a 500 S&W
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this, no pun intended. This is a single frame that I pulled out of a movie a friend made of me shooting my 500 the first time we took it out. No I'm not squinting, I shoot right handed/left eyed.

Regards,

Tom

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Kingfisher-Great shot and I hope I don't upset you with this one of the .454.I love the fireballs....Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's crazy! I've been aching to try shooting mine at night. The fireball at night has to be tremendous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
thats what i was thinking kingfisher.....i'd love to see that at nite!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, boom. That's nasty. Kingfisher, are those screens to catch ejected brass from autoloaders? Looks like it falls down and gets collected in some kind of tray or chute.

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's exactly right Sputster. The shooting stations all have a screen in between them and ejected brass hits the screen then runs down a little ramp into a bucket that hangs on the bottom. It's not a bad range. That 500 pretty much makes the place to "all quiet" though. It's pretty funny to hear a bunch of 9mm's, 40's etc. going off, bang bang bang... then BOOM! and all of the shooting stops while everyone looks around trying to figure out what the hell the noise was, then about 15 seconds later they start shooting again. The day that picture was taken there was a guy with a Tuarus Raging Bull in 44 Mag with a ported barrel. His had a really pronounced fireball out of the ports on the barrel, and a really low-toned "BOOM" but it was nothing like the 500. He shot two full cylinders before I shot and after I shot a couple of times he had to come down and check it out. I think he said something like "I'm usually the one making people mad at the range, now today I don't have to feel bad. "

I wish the picture were better, but I was only able to snag that frame out of the movie. It may be bigger (nothing like that BFR) but it's hard to catch.

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not a handgun picture, but an interesting muzzle flash shot. It's a capture from video, and the blast distorts the image all to heck. But you can see the 405gr JSP 45-70 bullet leaving the bore, as the gas has already passed it on it's way forward.

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote