New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for X Frame ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a Smith 460 (2 1/2") and need a holster. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LJS
I'm also on the hunt for one too. I bought the S&W 500ES model.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Mernickle makes a couple holsters just for the X-frame Smiths. Google his website and good luck.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Galco makes one. It hangs across your chest on a padded strap, with an adjustable belt around your torso to hold it in place. There's a pic of it in the American Handgunner Annual, and I assume you can see it on their website.

Posts: 142 | Location: southwest Missouri | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Uncle Mikes doesn't make a holster to fit an X frame?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go to Midway and do a search for X frame. It appears that Uncle Mike's is going to be coming out with a holster for the big Smiths.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I have a Galco DOA for my 4" 500. You can wear it cross draw or strong side. It's a nice looking holster and is comfortable to wear. I see they list it for the 2 3/4" and 4". It's probably the same holster.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Here's the one I'll order if someone else doesn't come up with one I like better soon. I really wanted the Kodiak but they don't make it for the 4"... <ARGH>

Galco Vertical for 4" X Frame

Here's the Kodiak for the 8 3/8" Barrel

More Pictures for the Kodiak

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the 4" would ride in the Kodiak holster?
It would be kind of odd haveing the short barrel in the long holster, but it sure does look like a great rig. I wonder if you could get the bottom of the holster bobbed off and have it look good?

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Lar,

If you pay the price for a Kodiak and a $50 custom fee they'll make you one for a 4". I just didn't think it was worth it to me.

Call 'em and talk to them. Jennnifer answers the phone there and is who I talked to. She's very knowledgable about their products.

I went ahead and ordered the Galco Vertical for 4" X Frame and was told they wouldn't be making it until they made a run of them in July sometime.

I found that I couldn't save any money buying from a dealer, in fact most dealers I talked to charged more than Galco so I ordered direct.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Your right, that is a pile of money. It does look great, but I think I'll have to pass. I already have the DAO for my 4" 500. It is a comfortable well built holster. I'd like to have the Kodiak, just don't want to pay that much for one.
I have a Bianchi X-15 sholder holster that I use for most of my revolvers and really like it. It's very comfortable to wear and easy to put on. The spring loaded clam shell design holds the guns very securly even without the trigger gaurd strap on. You can stand on your head or do jumping jacks and the gun won't budge. The 500 S&W is just too big for it.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com