Find
Notify
Tools

caliber
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there such a thing.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztreh:
Is there such a thing.

As what?

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No,it makes the moose's butt look big ---but the .405 will handle it ! BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's what I wanted to know

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am glad you found your answer.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too! I am still trying to figure out the question!
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
The answer is 42. But you have to find the question!

PS: Don't forget your towel Big Grin

Jiri

Posts: 2093 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is 2 times 21?
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
There is such a thing as caliber. It's often incorrectly used interchangeably with cartridge:

What caliber is that?
It's a .308.

Interpretation:
Caliber: .308"
Cartridge: .308 Winchester

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
There is such a thing as caliber. It's often incorrectly used interchangeably with cartridge:

What caliber is that?
It's a .308.

Interpretation:
Caliber: .308"
Cartridge: .308 Winchester

Is it .308 or .30 caliber?

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was often tough to get my hunter ed students to grasp the idea that a 308, 30-06, 300 win mag and 300 Weatherby mag all were the same caliber but not the same cartridge. Finally I started taking in empty 12 oz plastic pop bottles, 1 liter bottles and 2 liter bottles. They then could grasp the idea of the same caliber outlets or openings but different cartridge/bottle sizes.