THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Anyone use Simmons pistol scopes?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Simmons pistol scopes?
 Login/Join

<PatrickS>
posted
I recently purchased a 10" 7-30 Waters barrel for my Contender. I'd like to scope it with a fixed 4X. I really like my Bushnell 2-6X, but they don't have a fixed 4X. The Simmons looks good, and is well within my budget, but I'm concerned about how it will hold up. Has anyone used one that can comment on image, FOV, durability, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Patrick

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Patrick
I have a 4x32 Simmons on my 7-30 Waters 12" BBL it not a bad scope. The only thing I dislike is how hard it is to focus when you need it fast. I will be going to a Burris on it soon.You might of buying a Burris,Leupold or Bushnell scope they are a lot better scope. With a 10" BBL you could use a 2x on it if you are shooting under 200yds. On my 22 Hornet I use a 2x Burris and it works great on groudhogs and crows out to 175yds. You might try the 2x BSA scope I know some one that has one and they look clear and focus fast.

<PatrickS>
posted
Thanks. I am trying to put together a package for deer this fall, having only shot varmints with the Contender before. I got a good deal on the barrel, but I want to keep the cost as low as possible. I'd heard good things about the 2.5-7X of theirs, but not the fixed 4X. If I had an extra $50, I'd just use another of the Bushnell 2-6X like I have on my K-Hornet. I love that scope, but they've upped the price since I bought that one. Thanks again.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 2.5x7 Simmons has been discontinued

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
<PatrickS>
posted
I'd heard that, but wasn't sure. In any case, the 2.5-7X (when it was available) got good reviews, so I figured if the fixed 4X had that same quality it would be quite a bargain. Thanks for the heads up.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post

Had a Simmons 4X on a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag. It held up real well even with the heavy loads.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
<SlimL>
posted
Had a Simmons on a .22 that I had and really liked it. In fact I liked the scope better than I liked the gun-kept the scope, got rid of the gun. Slim

<cyberhick>
posted
I got a Simmons pro-diamond 4x on my 870 slug gun. I love it, no matter what i put thru the gun, the scope keeps zero, and mind you that that 870 is a brutal weapon with 3in slugs. I was once hit by a car 3yrs ago while riding my bicycle in town, and that was more pleasant than my slug gun, atleast i got to ride in an ambulance and given some awesome pain killers for the accident!! I wouldnt put another scope on my shotgun, except maybe a Leupold, but thats pretty much what everyone wants. I love the scope, cheap ($60) and stands to my shotgun better than i can, what more could i ask for .
cyberhick

<gunner7mm>
posted
dont over look the weaver 4x i got one on my 44mag encore jason

<J�rgen>
posted
I got one on my 14" .357 Herret , even with
stout loads it kept its zero!
Pretty good scope for the price !Not a
Leupold but not a Leupold price either !
�`d buy one again anytime .

<IKE>
posted
Ed Kirkpatrick of Ed's Contenders in Okla. City located 25 of the now discontinued Simmons Gold Medal 2x7's early last month, they are blue and brand new....he's asking $145.00 + a little for shipping and he only had five left the last time I went by his shop.

I currenly own five, that I purchased when retailers were closing them out last year, and I'm extremely happy with their optics and durability.....in the past I've owned Leupold, Nikon, and Burris pistol scopes.

Three of the five are mounted and two are ratholed for future use; one is currently on a Savage Striker in 7mm08, one on a 10" 7-30 Waters Contender barrel, and one on a 10" 22LR Contender barrel.......one of the ones that I've got put back was on a 14" 45-70 Contender barrel that I had.

Ed and his wife are leaving town today for a week but you can still email him or leave a message on his machine....but it'll be after Oct. 1st or so till he can get back to you.

You can email Ed at Edcon@theshop.net or call and leave a message at 405-755-0393, 405-495-1444, or 405-879-0879.