New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millett Rear Sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am pleased so far. I have not shot it yet. Here is a picture of the new rear sight on my SBH Hunter 45 colt.

This seems to be a very good quality product, but it did require some minor fitting to get it to "bottom out" in the sight base slot thereby giving me the maximum amount of elevation adjustment.

What is the difference in this sight and Bowen's? Anybody know? Can the blades interchange?

I expect to have the trigger work complete on this gun this weekend and should be able to shoot it then. I will report on the way the gun shoots and the sight picture then.

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
How come you changed the rear site?
Are you doing your own trigger job or having it done?
I am courious to see how good this revolver shoots if you can post some pics of the groups with the group size measurements showing.
Good looking pistol.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"What's the difference" is hard to put into words, but they are nice sights and much better than the factory sight. I do wish they were a bit cheaper though. As they are, they're too close to the Bowen price. I have a few Bowens and a few Millets, and like the Bowens much better (which is still way ahead of the factory sight). The Bowens are more precise and more finely made. Not cast parts like the others.

The Millets have given problems as well on some guns, not fitting right out of the package.

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I will do the trigger work myself. I will try to post pictures of the process.

The factory rear sight had a notch width of .140" which is too wide for precise long range shooting with the factory front sight which is .125"

My Millett rear sight required some file work, but fits very nice now.

I will post pictures of the groups when I finally decide to shoot it.

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The sight only cost me $35. I think Bowen charges close to 65 or 80.

David