Find
Notify
Tools

Good Deal?...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Have a chance to get a Ruger Red Hawk 44 Mag, 7.5" bbl, Stainless, Black Pacmyer Grip, Nylon holster, and the ruger ring cut outs for $499 total out the door. It's in good shape, it's tight, and shows hardly any wear. I don't feel it's been shot a whole lot.

What do you think? Good Deal?

Thanks,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Off hand I would say not, unless you really like Redhawks. Why not check GunsAmerica and GunBroker?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I would call it a fair price but not outstanding, if it includes tax, etc. Maybe have him throw in some ammo, etc

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Like I tell everyone; if you are happy with the trade, it is a good deal.

Researching what the market values are is necessary, but the worth of any object is what one is willing to part with to obtain it. Just depends on how badly you want it or how well it will fit your needs.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Yes, That was total. The selling price is $459.

Thanks guys,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its an ok price. I would buy it even though you may save perhaps $40 if you looked around and maybe waited for a better deal. This way your not hassling yourself and sometimes a small savings is not worth the extra trouble. I would still see if he could throw in an extra item or two. If you don't ask...you can't get.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I would say that's a good price particularly in light of the fact that it is in nice shape. Plus you get a couple extras like the grips and holster..... Do you like it? Does it feel good in your hand? If you answered yes to the last two questions, then you should probably buy it. Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
Around here, that pistol goes for about $529. To me, the extra money is worth the comfort of owning a new gun.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I've decided to pass.

I looked around on Gunbroker and Guns America and there were quite a few for less. There were some nice ones in the 300-400 range. Many had rings as well.

I'm not sure if I'd like the Super Red Hawk or just the Red Hawk.

The only differences I can see is the RH has a rib and the SRH does not. The SRH also takes the M77 rings as the RH takes the #1 rings and the rings attach further forward on the RH.

Any other differences?

Thanks,

Reloader

one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend just sold a .44 Magnum 9.5" Super Redhawk, rings, Burris scope, original boxes for both and a nylon shoulder rig for $475.00 on GunBroker...he tried to sell it locally and for $500.00 on GB with no takers.

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader:
Any other differences?

SRH has a hammer spring and a trigger spring, Redhawk is only one combo spring. I think the Redahwk is tougher to lighten without misfires than the SRH, but I have only owned the SRH.

Posts: 967 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ruger super redhawk is stronger. take a look at
a redhawk and you'll see the housing the barrel screws into is quite a bit bit shorter than the
super redhawk.

Posts: 42 | Location: s.e.michigan | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote