THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Has anyone used 400 grain bullets in a 454 casull?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone used 400 grain bullets in a 454 casull?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was thinking of getting some Hawk 400 grain bullets to try, and I hope to get about 1200 fps from them.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains,
A few monthes back I remember Ross Seyfreid related his experience with 415 gr. cast bullets in a .45 colt 5 shot conversion gun. In his opinion Bullets in this weight class were too much, as they became unstable during flight and especially after impact. I cast 360 gr.(LBT) bullets for my .45 colt and they are excellent. They are accurate on paper, and the one muley I have taken with this bullet expired in a matter of seconds!

David Schnabel

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 12 400gr bullets for my 454. I still haven't worked up the nerve to shoot them. The 345 grainers that I shoot are stiff enough, can't imagine the recoil these would produce. When I do work up the nerve I'll post my results.

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
Yes I have used them what would you like to know? I shot them mainly in my 43/4 inch FA. Let me know.