New
Find
Notify
Tools

Light alloy 44 mags
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking at a 329PD but interested in experiances with any of them. I relise it will kick hard. Do the Scandium frames hold up? Any problems with heavier bullets, 300gr plus? The S&W website says they are there strongest revolvers they make. "Gunblast" seemed to think they cut the mustard. It would be a backup for hunting. I like the 357's in them but would like a caliber with a little more uhmph. Thanks!

Posts: 967 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quality control was a little spotty on them. Either you got a good one or a bad one but smith fixes the bad ones so its no big deal. They will take 300s but i shoot linebaugh all the time and there a piece of cake compared to heavys in the 329

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
They are a joy to carry and accurate enough for back-up work and close range hunting. I didn't care for the express style and fiber optic sights and converted mine to partridge. If you can shoot one of the things enough to wear it out you have a cape and big red S on you underwear. I can't imagine having that high a pain tolerance. They are a handful and my enjoyment ceases by the end of the third cylinder. I bought mine for a very specific purpose and it has filled that slot rather well.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot 600 rounds of 300 grain LWFN gas checked bullets with 21.5 grains of 296 and a fed mag pistol primer through one. It wore through the blast shield on the topstrap by the cylinder gap. The factory would not send me a new one so I mailed the gun to them. They gave me a new gun rather than change out the blast shield and kept mine. I was back to the stock trigger and had to do a complete trigger job. Even with all that practice I had a hard time getting the accuracy I expected. It is easier to shoot my 4" 500 than this little 44 with 300 grain loads.

Blake

Blake

Posts: 132 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 22 April 2006Reply With Quote