Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It is dark in the house!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Lean - I notice the blade looks kinda "hammer forged."

Probably with your combination of "self-defense weapons" you could cut a guy with the knife and then drag one of those rusty guns across the wound and probably give him tetnus. Hell of a bad way to go.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No lights are on. Everyone is sleeping, but you here a quiet voice. This voice is a man's voice, and is not from a person in your family.
Question, What are you going to be carrying when you go take a look?
Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe in the best!!

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I have a double barrel 10 ga. sawed off at 20" under the bed, it has a double load of buckshot.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
If I have time I'll get my eaa witness 45.

Or I'll tell my wife to get it and I'll just go after them.
Attack can be the best defense.

-------------------------------------

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation can cause your worst fears to come true.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I have an East German 9mm Mak stashed in the bedroom. I have much larger, but it is small and light, the wife can shoot it well and I shouldn't have much of a problem with passing through walls.

For sheer intimidation, I think the Claymore would do well.
Naked Man with fat harry belly carrying a 5 foot blade screaming like a berserker.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Naked Man with fat harry belly carrying a 5 foot blade screaming like a berserker.

Thats what I am talking about.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I will have to pull my dog off his sorry arse, after I use the baseball bat to tenderize him slightly. Or maybe I will use my Highlander sword I have been wondering just how sharp it is and how long the plastic handle would stand up under extreme usage. Na I like the first idea better.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If he is talking, there are more than one or he is nuts...either way a 4" Python with night sights would be my companion. dvnv

Posts: 114 | Location: CA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Because I don't own anything smaller (I plan to rectify this soon with the purchase of a Glock) for home defense, I load my M29 Smith (Lou Horton with 3-inch barrel) with Glaser Saftey Slugs. Before anyone says that the .44 is too much gun for home defense, consider this. The revolver has a 3-inch barrel, so I look at it this way. If I miss it's okay as the intruder will be deafened by the blast (makes a big racket with the short barrel), blinded by the flame front (huge fire-ball particularly in the dark), and powder burned. So either way, the perp gets it. I have to justify my pistol choice somehow..... I won't be able to see or hear afterwards either, but hey, it should do the job.

Whitworth

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
My wife will soon be awake and on the phone to the cops. They might not get there in time to save on or the other but they will come to the scene and have a recording of the incident for evidence.

I will then go to the foot of the bed and sit down with my .45 and wait to see if anyone is coming up the stairs or around the hallway into the bedroom. If they do, well, as I said, the cops will have a recording of "halt or I'll shoot, <boom>" and maybe, "<boom>, drop the gun, <boom>". If it all goes pear shaped they might then hear "<biggerboom>" as my wife's shotgun goes off (at least once) and a few cuss words.

IFF, it is a police officer he will be asked for his badge number and only when the dispatcher (on the phone) verifies that badge # such-and-such is responding will we surrender.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S&W 357 3"bbl.
It won't be dark in the house when I touch of the first round and the muzzle blast comes out.

Snubbies can be very illuminating.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good one Leanwolf!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Pecos45. One should always be prepared, shouldn't one?

(BTW, I'm kinda wondering if any of the "buckskinners," or "mountain men" around here have picked up on the logo on my every-day-carry knife"??)

L.W.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
IF he gets past my big Airedale, big if, then he gets a chest full of 155grST from my USP. 20 min. later the cops will show & sweep up the mess.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
we have a doberman that sleeps in the hallway by the front door, the little woman has a 20ga coachgun beside the bed and a 1911 in her nightstand, and i've got an 870 with a folding stock, and an 8shot tube on my side of the bed with my 1911 in the nightstand.(no kids are ever in the house)
if someone comes in the house grab the cell phone to call the cops, take cover behind the bed, and wait.
as long as they don't come through the bedroom door everything will be allright. come though that door and all hell will break loose.
if i think Aries(the dog) is having trouble, or they are hurting him i will come huting.
hurt my dog and i probebly won't call the cops. we will just stake them out on a fireant hill and just let nature do its work.
dwp

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pecos45, yep, that old blade could do a job, for sure. I'll wait a bit and see if any of our A. R. resident "buckskinners," or "mountain men," pick up on that blade's logo. If not, I'll explain later.

L.W.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I can't read the print on the knife you have a close-up photo?

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Ron-My first line is and has always been my two Dogs.If they get past them then theres my wife(Ex-Officer) and her .45 auto so I suspect I would just get called for a "Clean-up in the hallway".But if not I guess I'd light up the house with my .454.

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here ya go, Swede44Mag.

It's been in my family a looooooooooonng time.

L.W.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

No lights are on. Everyone is sleeping, but you here a quiet voice. This voice is a man's voice, and is not from a person in your family.
Question, What are you going to be carrying when you go take a look?
Ron

I'll skip my 10mm, the .45acp, the AR15, the SKS, the .44 mag, the .454 Casull and all the numberous others in my safe and I'll go straight for the Mossberg 12 gauge pump w/ an 18" barrel and full length tube. It will never jam, it has more than enough firepower, and the barrel is long enough to let me keep my hearing.

Posts: 336 | Location: Alabama, U.S.A. | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
simple.......I have kids....... before he knows whats happening the poor SOB is gonna have his ass shuved fool of anything I can get my hands on. Hell hath no furry over a man protecting his kids!!!!

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
remington 870 with #4's and a surefire flashlight; will have a broom, dustpan and a mop nearby as well as several industrial heavy duty plastic bags............. KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote