THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Re: My most recent 44 purchase

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My most recent 44 purchase
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI,

That is really nice, must feel great with that comp,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

David, did you have anything done to gun, it looks great,I also like your rig,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is quite different than a ruger. A real joy to shoot. This is my first compensated gun. I have not shot it without the compensator(comes with a non-compensated muzzle cap also), so I do not know how effective it really is. However it does not have anywhere near the muzzle jump of the single actions.

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kev, thanks for the compliments.

I have done some action work on the Ruger personaly. A lot of internal polishing and I have the trigger near perfection (or as close as you can get with out an overtravel stop). It is 8 years old and has ben my go to gun the whole time and still is. Gun did not need any accuracy work. Added the Lett fancy walnut grips.

The Rig is a Blackhills Leather Silverado(I think).

Kev, I have seen some of your guns and they are quite nice, also!!

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rafsob
posted Hide Post
Here is my baby for hog huntin'!!!

This is one of those limited edition .45 Colt calibers. She is deadly with 300 grain XTP's and 19.5 grs of H110.

Posts: 54 | Location: Hayes, Va. | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rafsob
posted Hide Post
I tried to show my Gun photo using Hpphoto and Webshots and I guess it doesn't work.

Anyone know where else to put photos for posting???

Raf

Posts: 54 | Location: Hayes, Va. | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rafsob, I use www.hunt101.com

David

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is my light weight and summer rig for my 44:

It is a slim jim holster with soft pig skin lining with a rough-side-out single thickness belt made by San Pedro Saddlery. The knife is a Marble's Trailcraft with 52-100 steel blade and Impala horn handle.

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my 45 Bisley rig. It is a Black Hills "San Diego".

it is very similar to the "Silverado" rig my 44 is in on the first page - same border pattern and holster style, but without the german silver conchos.

Sorry the pictures aren't better, but hunt101 will not let me upload better pictures because of the file size restriction.

David