THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Question for Paul Dustin, or anyone who owns a Competitor

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Paul Dustin, or anyone who owns a Competitor
 Login/Join

<Dodgy Doug>
posted
I checked out the web site for Competitor pistos and found they chamber in 6.5/284. Paul you mentioned in one of your posts that you own a Competitor. How do you like it? How does it shoot? Is this what you have your 30/284 in? I once held the Magnum Research version years ago, but never fired one. I have read some good things about the Magnum Research Lone Eagle on other forums. I believe the Lone Eagle is made by Competitor, or at least the barreled actions are aren't they? It looks it would balance better than an Encore or Contender. Anyone else out there who owns one let me know how you like it.

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Dodgy
I have 2 Competitor pistol and 4 BBL right now. I have a 375 JRS MAG 16", 308 WIN 14", 30/284 14", and a 22 Hornet 14". They shoot great 375 shoot .6 at 100yds the 308 and 30/284 .4 at 100yds the 22 Hornet is a 1-9 rifling and it shoot .2 at 100yds. I would put them up there with the Encore and Contender. The thing I like is the mid grip of the gun it fills good in your hand and it cut down on the recoil you fill from the gun

<pakrattusnongratus>
posted
I have a Lone Eagle. Shoots quite well. Recoil does seem low with the mid-grip. What is the site for the Competitor Pistol? I need to expand my knowledge of this mechanism. For example, why is the fore end so narrow and can I build it up? Might be good to be wider for use on a rest. How to remove the action rod to lube for better trigger pull. I will appreciate any and all information you can provide.

------------------
Member NRA, Life NMLRA

<Dodgy Doug>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by pakrattusnongratus:
I have a Lone Eagle. Shoots quite well. Recoil does seem low with the mid-grip. What is the site for the Competitor Pistol? I need to expand my knowledge of this mechanism. For example, why is the fore end so narrow and can I build it up? Might be good to be wider for use on a rest. How to remove the action rod to lube for better trigger pull. I will appreciate any and all information you can provide.

Pakrattusnongratus,
I can't tell you much, but here is the web site for Competitor. www.competitor-pistol.com
By the way, have you ever had trouble with ejecting cases from your competitor? How long have you owned it?
Thanks

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Dodgy
The only time I had trouble with ejecting cases is in my 375 JRS. I load a 300gr soild at max and I had to push the case out with a cleaning rod. I loaded it a little lighter and it works fine now.