THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB rifle barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a SS Douglas or ???? #2 or #3 in 25 caliber,, no chamber cut..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Not trying to butt in but I literally just ordered one in. #4 contour and got it 7 days later, or did I take their last one?

Posts: 751 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They don't keep contoured barrels in inventory; they make them to order on a CNC lathe, which takes 7 minutes. So, they have another few hundred where yours came from. They do keep thousands of unturned blanks in stock though. Keeping every caliber, steel, twist, and contour in inventory would require something like 30,000 barrels. I calculated it once but forgot. Anyway, it's more efficient to contour them to order.

Posts: 17134 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For service, Douglas cannot be beat. It usually takes about 5 days to get a barrel from Douglas. The longest I've ever had to wait was 2 weeks. That's incredible when compared to those makers with a 15 month or longer wait time. Give 'em a call. They don't bite and are actually friendly and helpful.

Posts: 476 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not needed found a MAUSER 250=3000 SO SELLING THE RUGER CREED MOOR. BUT THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote