THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    Price Check .375 H&H Pre 64 Winchester Model 70 Items

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check .375 H&H Pre 64 Winchester Model 70 Items
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have some all original very high condition items off a Pre64 (not a prewar) .375 H&H Mod 70 that I was wondering the value of:
1) 98% condition stock with original pad, nice above average grain, early 60’s, swivels
2)98-99% condition barrel 25”, open sights, front hood, excellent bore
3) high condition 98-99% bottom metal assembly
Looking for valuation of each individual item separately

4WD

Posts: 714 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ooh that stock sounds nice. Is that a monte carlo stock?

Mines non monte carlo, 1952. Not great shape!

Can't help with value, only what you see on pre64win.com.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1938 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’d love to see the stock, as I believe it would work with my pre-64 .300 H&H.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need that Barrel & bottom metal

Posts: 74 | Location: Cottonwood , Az. | Registered: 17 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I’d love to see the stock, as I believe it would work with my pre-64 .300 H&H.

A precious few pre-64 model 70 375’s were made with thin contour barrels, but the vast majority were made with a much heavier contour than the 300 H&H. You might get lucky though.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent jm

Posts: 470 | Location: Northern Az | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To answer your inquiry: Ball park suggestion, based on selling a number of Mod 70 pre 64 parts, buy all would price for less, and priced at Idaho prices, these can be valued differently geographically so allow $25 plus or minus.

1. $225 to $250

2. $200

3. $175.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42003 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
No disrespect intended, but your pricing suggestions are probably off by a factor of 4x.
Maybe more.

Posts: 1316 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll take #2 & 3

Posts: 74 | Location: Cottonwood , Az. | Registered: 17 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No disrespect intended, but your pricing suggestions are probably off by a factor of 4x.
Maybe more.

I agree, does seem a little high. Eeker

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kda55:
quote:
Maybe more.

I agree, does seem a little high. Eeker

Big Grin

That stock would do a handy job of replacing my split, punky old cullers rifle stock. With a metalwork reblue my '52 375H&H would come up a treat.

DRSS

Posts: 1938 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats local gun show on 375 and 300 H&H pre64 stocks, and check the internet..std are less and fwt are at a premum. providing all are in excellent condition

If you think my suggested prices to the poster are high then post your opine in dollars and since??..Guess and by gosh don't count!

X4 is firewood, you guys must be buyers! wave

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42003 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray if I am reading right he thinks your prices are low. If it’s x4 I have some firewood for sale too.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm, dunno ???? nilly

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120