THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB C-96 stripper clips
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Like it says, I want to buy stripper clips for the 7.63 Mauser cartridge to fit the C-96 "broom handle" Mauser. I would also entertain ideas on a detachable butt stock, if any are available. I'm just trying to resurrect my C-96 presentation piece that was stolen a few years back. Also, a presentation box, as the ones I have found online are out of stock. Hey, it doesn't hurt to put out feelers.

Posts: 4324 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe or not, Amazon has some reproduction stock/holster. From pics it looks pretty good. $225. I typed in C96 broomhandle mauser stock and it came up.
CMRfirearms.com has original stripper clips. Good luck.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike. I have pulled up CMR in the past , + yes they had the shoulder stocks, + stripper clips but were out of the boxed cases.

Posts: 4324 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between 9 and .30 Mauser stripper clips? Thought they were the same base.

I’ve got a .30 that’s just a shooter, but it came with a holster/stock that I suspect is repro… but it is fun to blast tin cans with. I just hate pushing in 1 round at a time into the thing as I have no clips…

Posts: 10811 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crbutler, give me your address + I'll send you a little cheap fix that I built for mine. I have a sheet metal shop so material is readily available. I built a little C shaped channel that fit the length of the retracted bolt + held it in place while I loaded it round for round, then pill the bolt back, remove the s/m piece + you're good to go.