THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB 300 and/or 325 WSM brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As stated, looking for new or once fired 300 and 325 WSM brass, no nickel plated as I don’t know if it will survive necking up to .358 caliber.

I’ll add that I have a fair selection of other brass in different calibers if you are looking to trade.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 80 Winchester 325WSM...once fired...cleaned, annealed and sized
$65 Shipped.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ll take those, thank you. PM sent

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What interesting information can you tell us about owning, shooting, and maybe hunting with a .358 WSM?

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found initial info by searching out info on the 35 Sambar. This was a caliber we came to meet the IA ‘any 35 cal or larger rule’ for deer. Very simple necking up with 325 WSM brass, sizing/loading dies were made with existing 325 WSM dies, a carbide chucking reamer and a 35 cal expander button. So far the goto powder has been CFE223 and quickload predicted 2950-3000 with 200gr and 2850 w/ 225gr which has been about right on.

I believe I made 6-7 so far, Rem 700’s, Win 70 WSM actions, and a couple on customs. Accurate Mag WSM dbm’s worked well with the 700 clones, the Win’s feed fine as is. Bullets tried were the 180 TSX (too explosive), Hammer 200’s (very good), and 200 TTSX (likely the best so far). At this point maybe a dozen deer have been taken with them and it is a good one. Barrels used were Douglas and Wilson heavy spotters and they all shot very well at less than 1 MOA easily. I still don’t have the chamber reamer, but utilized a 300 WSM chamber reamer and initially a 358 Win reamer for the neck and throat. Just recently ordered a 35 cal neck and throat reamer from Manson for the heck of it. With either of these methods you have to polish out the neck/shoulder junction to take away the sharp edge created, same for the sizing die.

That’s about all to tell really, it’s a great caliber and I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt anything in NA with it. Heaviest bullets tried were 225 Sierra SBT’s but I don’t think any game was shot with it. I think that 200 TTSX will be a great all-around for trajectories and penetration…. Those just finally came in stock and we bought a fair amount, so far they are very accurate with one rifle tried and getting 1/2 MOA at 500 yards. For our use (deer) there’s no need to go heavier.

Matt