THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious Filson wool mackinaw
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Fellas, I would like to find a good home for this Filson Mackinaw Wool Cruiser, size 40. It is the real deal, about five pounds of virgin Filson wool. Filson patented this design -- four cargo pockets front, hand pockets, full-width back pocket -- in 1914. It is in very good condition with two very small holes, one visible near the left shoulder, front, and one just below the cape, near center, on the back. I bought it new when I still lived in Oregon and wore it a few times, but it is not seeing any use here in Texas. Filson asks $495 for this flagship coat. I'll ship it you priority for $250. Your grandkids can wear it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16384 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Buy this Filson bear-hug garment and wear it deer hunting next weekend -- or cutting a Christmas tree after Thanksgiving, or, heck, maple sugaring in February! Cool

– John Green, author

Posts: 16384 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Or impersonating Floyd R. Turbo. Big Grin

Posts: 7482 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Johnny's coat looks a lot like this one all right. I wonder how long he could wear it under studio lights. I miss that guy. He made me laugh.
Fred Bear might have worn one of these, too.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I have one in grey that I bought in 1997 and its the most rugged coat I have ever worn. I think they are upwards of 400.00 last I checked.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Guys, surely someone who lives in the "polar regions" north of Texas would appreciate the warm embrace of this fall/winter classic. I'll go $200 plus shipping, which I figure to be $26 in the large flat-rate priority box.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Still have this available. It is getting colder! Cool

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, with your affinity for 100 year old firearms, it's no surprise that this is the "curmudgeon camo" you'd be hunting in :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, Fred Bear would approve of this, too. Cool

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 82 year old hunting friend wears both top and bottom!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Still have this available, and there is still a LOT of winter left.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Still have this available, and there is still a LOT of winter left.

Even in Texas.

Posts: 7482 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Yessir. We have had our single-digit share these past few days!

– John Green, author