THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS 7mm Marquart barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 7mm barrel made by Marquart from a friend's estate that I would like to sell. As you know Paul Marquart was renowned for his barrels back in the day. I took it off a push feed Win Mod 70. Bud Morrow was the gunsmith who did the metal work in 1995. The bore is excellent as it should be since according to my friends logs it only has about 50 rounds thru it. Bluing is also excellent.

Now, here's the bad news. It is chambered for 7mm A&T Magnum. Bet you never heard of that one. It was an invention of my deceased friend, in fact, he built several in that caliber. Brass is necked down 300 Win Mag brass. Did a chamber cast and my gunsmith said it was pretty much a necked down 300 win mag that was just a little larger in the body just behind the shoulder. He thought there were several cartridges possible to clean up the chamber with the 1.47" untapered area at the action.
Diameter at the action 1.21"
Diameter at muzzle .68"
Barrel length 24 7/8"
Shank .695"
Twist 9

Anyway, that's what it is. Bluing is very nice although it does have a couple very small dings. I'll ship it to your door $120. I can send pictures if you are interested.
Thanks
Phil

Posts: 355 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will entertain offers.
Phil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Morning