THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    WTB: 38 Colt SHORT Dies--FOUND!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: 38 Colt SHORT Dies--FOUND!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
WTB: A set of dies, preferably carbide, for the 38 Colt Short. (Not 38 S&W) Thanks.

Posts: 866 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill,

Are you looking to load original style .38 Short Colt, as in with heel-seated .380" diameter bullets? If so you will definitely need specialized dies that may be very difficult to find.

If you are looking to load a modernized version of the Short Colt, as in using .357-358" bullets seated inside the case, that may be considerably easier, though you might need to grind a small amount off of a seating die. If this is what you are looking to do I can help show you how.

Also, the procedure and equipment needed for either style .38 Colt is well described in Mike Venturino's book "Shooting Colt Single Actions".

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bpesteve:

PM sent. Thanks for the reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of SAECO stubby die setfor 38-357.
I have no idea why you would want stubby dies, but I expect they are short enough to work for what you are doing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
theback40:

Thanks for the reply. I'm only interested in those marked 38 Colt Short.