THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    ***sold*** Minox All-Rounder 2-10x50 -- SUPERB low-light scope

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

***sold*** Minox All-Rounder 2-10x50 -- SUPERB low-light scope
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

I have a German-made Minox All-Rounder 2-10x50 with Zeiss-style rail that I purchased recently but won't be keeping. I love the scope, but with the custom bases I prefer on my Contender rifles, the center-line winds up slightly higher than I prefer. I could solve this by going to a traditional base that isn't as tall or putting the scope on a bolt gun, but I don't intend to pursue either of those options.

The scope is as-new, includes the box, manual and heavy-duty (Tenabraex) covers. I will also include a 2-piece Recknagel mount that I bought last week for $249 shipped from NECG. This mount can be moved fore and aft and allows you to mount to virtually any picatinny or Weaver-type rail.

Minox rates the transmission at 94 percent, and the image to my eye at last light is indeed slightly brighter than my Zeiss V6 2-12x50, which is superb in its own right. The reticle is similar to the Zeiss #60, and the center wires are heavy enough to be seen in poor lighting but not so thick that they impede precision from the bench. The illumination consists of a single small dot in the center of the "+", is not seen when the unit is turned off, adjusts to a level dim enough for very low light applications and is usable in daylight as well.

The scope has a lot going for it, and I wish I could keep it. But I am not going to change out my favorite style of base on one of my Contender rifles, and I don't use bolt rifles near enough to justify putting such a nice scope on one. So my loss is going to be someone else's gain. [s]$1025 to your door[/s] $975 to your door anywhere in the US, and that includes the Recknagel 2-piece mount. Paypal f-f or plus the fees preferred, but I will make a check or m/o work if need be. Thanks.

Minox All-Rounder specs

For those unfamiliar with this line, here's an article from one of Europe's leading optics vendors. The Minox scored best-in-class in their in-depth low-light test.

Low Light Scope Test Results

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
price cut to $975 shipped anywhere in the US, and that includes the $249 Recknagel mount system

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Now $950 shipped anywhere in the US...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Last price drop: Now $925 shipped anywhere in the US...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ