THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    WTB - FN bottom metal and magazine box

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB - FN bottom metal and magazine box
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for original complete Commercial FN trigger guard/bottom metal and mag box, I will consider others that will also work. Thank you.

Posts: 93 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: 27 September 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MDO:
Looking for original complete Commercial FN trigger guard/bottom metal and mag box, I will consider others that will also work. Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Others that will work is any standard 98 Mauser bottom.

Posts: 17134 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, I just like the old FN push pin 2 piece version

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checked the parts drawer, no longer have those. I have some other FN 98 parts including 2 high condition 30.06 barrels. One is still on the action.
4WD

Posts: 684 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Two piece version? What is that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There’s a push pin in the floor plate, it (and the spring/follower then slides and comes free

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that pin is not in the TG instead of the floorplate? All military 98 floor plates are two piece as you describe, and remove the same way, only no pin. Use bullet point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Search FN Supreme and you will see what I’m talking about. I have three of these specific actions and if you would like to DM your cell I can send you photos

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the barrel (still on action) has the original folding rear leaf sights then I’d like to see a photo please. My cell is (540)420-3003. Thank you

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, I am trying to help you get what you want; I have many FN commercial actions here. FN changed the floorplate release during production. Fist ones were standard military. Later, they used a lever pinned to the trigger guard. Others, most commonly seen on the FN actions used by Husqvarna, had a pin protruding from the floorplate, and was actually a military release pin, just extended so no bullet point was needed

Like this one?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes -That’s the one

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, the pin release is not attached in any way to the floorplate, which is why I questioned what you wanted.
That Pin is nothing but an extended military floorplate release. FN just took the cheap way out instead of making a hinged, bow release type. Although one of their catches is pin the bow. All the ones I have are dedicated to actions; let me look....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s right, the pin is in (Like a key is in a lock) the floor not attached to it in any way. Sorry if I misstated that - I didn’t know how else to word it. Thank you for your help with this. I like the aesthetics of this bottom metal even though it isn’t as optimally functional as some of the other variations.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It is that the floorplate release is a protruding pin that is attached to the trigger guard. That pin/release is not in the floorplate. It is in the trigger guard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The important thing is that you, and everyone following this thread, know what I’m talking about even if I don’t. I’m just a pharmacist so I’m not that smart anyway... but you figured out what I’m looking for. Now just to locate it.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s right, the pin is in (Like a key is in a lock) the floor not attached to it in any way. Sorry if I misstated that - I didn’t know how else to word it. Thank you for your help with this. I like the aesthetics of this bottom metal even though it isn’t as optimally functional as some of the other variations.

Agree. I also like this style and have the same on my. 9.3.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

Agree. I also like this style and have the same on my. 9.3.

Brownells sells/used to sell the extended pin. I have put 20 or so on military trigger guards over the years. tu2

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just put one in for a client and it took a measure of fitting

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote