Find
Notify
Tools

Some pictures of the kids
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Last weekend I took the boys out to the range on our farm for a little shooting.
Cody (age 4) had never fired a .22 before just BB guns so we had him fire a few shots at some milk jugs with a little help from me. He is shooting the same rifle that I taught his brother to shoot at age 4 and the same rifle that I learned to shoot also at age 4. My brothers and my mom all learned how to shoot with that Cooey .22 rifle as well.
My older son Aric, 13 holds his own with everything and really impressed his little brother.
Thought you all might like a few photos of the up and coming generation.
Aric took his first Mule deer buck last October ( 180 yards ) and his first Bull elk last November ( 80 yards ).

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He seems to be candidate for a Chipmunk 22. That's a a good looking couple of kids you got there. Of course, since the 4 yr old is the baby, you probably know he's the "cute" one.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get that boy a Cricket or a Chipmunk. You're definately procrastinating, he's already 4!!!

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom:

You are a very, very lucky man. Spend as much time with those handsome boys as you possibly can. They will be grown men in the wink of an eye and you will wonder where the time went.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Jordan those are wise words.
Seems like yesterday that my bigger boy was the size of our little guy, time really flies by.
My young son, Cody talks about shooting non stop so i know we will be doing more and more shooting as he grows up. My older son Aric is an excellent shot and great kid to be with loves to shoot but he also has other interests that keep him busy too.
I am a lucky dad.......

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom

You mean to tell me that those two handsome young men came from you? bewildered