New
Find
Notify
Tools

Demolition
 Login/Join

<jinglebob>
posted
Owner of the land where I hunted had several "sharecropper" houses from the 1920's to tear down. I offered to do one for him. Friend and I SHOT it down over the course of a summer! [Cool] With handguns! [Big Grin]

First ,the porch roof support posts, then the stringers holding the other end of the roof to the house. (.38 Sp. and .357 Mag.)

Then the chimney, starting at the top and working down. With .38 or .357, one brick took 4-5 shots. .45 ACP would get a brick w/ 2-3. Then my .44 Mag. w/Keith loads-- 2-3 bricks w/each shot.

Exterior walls were fun, too. Mark a nail with chalk, toss chalk over shoulder. Shoot from where chalk lands 'til nail is driven.Gets easy [Cool] after about 3,000 rounds. Total @10,000. [Big Grin]

Landowner happy. Me,too. [Cool] I have shot perfect scores at (leo) handgun qualification since. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
JINGLEBOB THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BALL. IM ALWAYS AMASED AT HOW WE SHOOTERS FIND FUN.

A .357 CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIEND.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
During the Tet offensive in Saigon in 1968 I lived in the ChiLang area. Several VC were sniping from a two story house about 400 meters from my house. A group of SVN troops set up a 50 BMG about 100 meters from the VC house and started shooting. The VC house was cement/concrete block construction. In two hours the BMG destroyed the house. I don't know how many rounds but they shot it to pieces. I have a lot of respect for that weapon.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Top, to get more ideas !!

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote