New
Find
Notify
Tools

Egg shooting game
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had some friends over for the anual after x-mas shoot and I started what will be a new game from now on and its egg shooting and here is how I did it. I had some 3/4 copper pipe that I cut into 2ft lengths. I placed 5 them at sort of randaom distences from 40yds to 60yds or so with equal spacing. Then place an egg on top and the scoring goes something like this. 2pts for the closest then 4, then 6,8, and 10 for the furthest one. If you happen to shoot the post then -5pts and if the egg falls off and it broken the annother -5. Now you get 10 shots with a 22 to shoot any and/or all eggs with +2 for each remaining round left in the clip if you were sucessful in shoot all of the eggs. Now in order to get any of the bonus points for rounds left in the clip all eggs must be broken be it shot or the post was hit. For people that don't shoot very often it was quite the challenge and everyone had a blast so give it a try and very anything you like to suit you.

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
<glock20rocks>
posted
Sounds fun; I'll have to try that when I get my rifle here pretty soon...of course, my rifle isn't a .22...it's a .458 [Smile]

I will try it with my 9mm and .454, though...should be interesting...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you will scare them off the post with that! I know egg shooting is nothing new but this gives someone an idea of how to make a game out of it and it was very fun.

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
<glock20rocks>
posted
I used to just hang bags of oranges from a tree and take shots at 'em with my .45. Hydrashoks would splatter then nicely...been awhile since I've shot anything "fun" with a big-bore...time for a range trip!