New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun Shoot Suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am putting together a day event for our local SCI chapter that will involve shotgun and archery shooting. This will be held at a gun club that has trap, skeet, five stand, and sporting clays.

In addition we are planning on a 3-D archery course as well as some "fun" type shoots.

I am looking for suggestions for some different/novel fun type events involving archery or shotgun gear.

Thanks, Mike

Posts: 1755 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use Peanut M&Ms as the targets. That way the kids will clean the mess up when you're done.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed shooting.
Cookies, pumkins, tomatoes

I have not tried tannerite, but others say they get a bang out of it.

CISSP, CISA, CRISC looking for a IT Security/Audit Manager spot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the things that we have done on occasion is to paint several clay birds black and have a bonus prize for the black birds.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's late,I know,butI just saw this thread.May be for the next shoot.

Throw a 3 bird flurry-2 orange clays,1 white
Do several flurries,we do 5.Total clay count at this station is 15 birds
If you hit the white clay you get no score on that flurry,otherwise mark your orange hits.If you want to mess with your buddy while he shoots,give 'em 3 white birds.If he shoots and he hits any that's his flurry.No score.If he doesn't shoot or he misses,(he may realize that there are no orange birds and jerked away to intentionally miss)send out a 2 orange-1 white flurry to make it fair.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one is called "cut the can." Invented in Boise, ID by a friend and myself. Especially good in the backyard with air pistols. At a distance of 17 ft, from the front of your lawn chairs, drive a 16" or so piece of #4 rebar in the ground. Note that 17' just happens to be the original distance by happenstance. Place an empty aluminum beverage can over the rebar. Take turns shooting at the can. The person whose shot severs the can and drops the bottom half to the ground wins. Endless fun, on the cheap. BE SAFE...HAVE A BACKSTOP...NO PETS OR KIDS RUNNING AROUND.

Eagle One

Benefactor Member NRA
Life Member SCI
Life Member SAF
DRSS

Posts: 80 | Location: Colo Spgs, CO & Sterkrivier, RSA | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
One game we use regularly for kids is with ballons fillied with water.

We have a sheet of wood about 6 feet by 6 feet. We have hammered small nails into it a few inches appart.

We buy bags of small balloons, fill them with water at the tap, and hang them againstbthe wooden sheet.

Kids love to shoot at them, and they enjoy seeing them burst as they are hit.

The balloons are in different colors, and the kids are told which one to shoot at each shot.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put a playing card in the top of a stake or fencepost so that the shooter is looking at it edgewise. Shoot it at 20 yards, offhand. A solid hit will cut it in two. Hint--it's harder to do with a scope than open sights.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot milk jugs with a little water in it at super close range like 5 ft it will teach them the power of a shotgun and it is awesome to see

God loves you

Posts: 107 | Location: sumner, wa | Registered: 18 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a hot melt glue gun,
some heavy fishing line,
clay targets,
some sort of crossbar,
bows,
arrows,
kids/adult kids,
mix carefully,
have fun.

An amendment to willl's suggestion.
Fill the jug, add red food coloring to the water, make the range about ten yards. Close enough to not likely miss and the hit will still be spectacular.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote