New
Find
Notify
Tools

spinning targets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone made there own spinning targets,the kind that spin when you hit them,I have a few ideas of my own but would like to hear some other ideas or info.thanks in advance

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I FOUND AN OLD PUSH IN THE GROUND TYPE REALTY SIGN AND HAD MY FRIEND PUT A STEEL BOWLING PIN SWINGER ON IT. YOU COULD USE THE SAME TYPE OF SIGN FRAME TO HANG A SPINNER ON. YOU JUST NEED TO WELD A STEEL ROD ON IT SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING ROUND FOR IT TO SPIN ON. A PIECE OF PIPE THAT FITS OVER THE ROD IS WHAT YOU WILL WANT TO WELD YOUR STEEL DISK TO. VIOLA A SPINNER!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tasco,thats kind of what I have in mind but I want to put several at differant distances to make it a little more challengeng,I thought of useing rebar(the stuff used in concrete)and a piece of pipe that fits over the rebar,then cut circles out of 1/4 inch plate steel. then weld short pieces of rebar to the pipe and to the plate steel slide it on the rebar and bend it somewhat like the political signs but much higher in a u shape,if I make 1 circle a little bigger than the other one on the oppisit end it will ensure that it will always stay on top and not get hung up half way in between,another words big circle on the bottom and little one on the top thanks

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote