New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charcoal bricquets, anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Inexpensive, readily available, and biodegradable.

And there is no doubt when you have hit one solid.

I suggest 15 to 25 yards for pistols and 25 to 50 yards for off hand rifle.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those who like "big game" hunting get a box of animal crackers .Set them at 50' for a 22 pistol.

one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
Charcoal bricquets are one of my favorite plinking targets.

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like potatos. I take a small paper cup, set the potato in it so it stands up, and then proceed to shoot the dirt all around it [Big Grin]

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the 6 ounce (shorty) soda cans

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A case of Sam's Cola (around 5 bucks)...let them sit in the sun for a bit, shake them up, then strategically place them. It's a mess to clean up all the aluminum shrapnel but it's worth it. 2 liter bottles filled with liquid or milk jugs are also a blast. Then of course there's the venerable watermelon!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well i'm gonna try the charcoal i've been taping a string to quarters and hanging them from a tree branch and i also use bowling pins fun targets and they are free

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've shot (at) hand tossed charcoal bricquets after watching John Satterwhite and Tom Knapp shoot them in exibitions. I think I even hit one or maybe 2.

Never tried them with a rifle but I will now

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Every year around Richmond the churches sell pumpkins at Halloween. The weekend after Halloween there are hundreds of pumpkins that didn't sell and the churches are looking to clean up the leftovers.
Those pumpkins make great targets out at 300 yards with a rifle. The various critters like the left overs and who knows there may be lots of volunteer pumpkins.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend and I shot some pieces of coal that were laying around. I assume Charcoal does the same thing...small cloud of black dust. Very fun.

Posts: 30 | Location: NY | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grapefruit and when you get tired of that, lemons. Of course it helps to have citrus trees, then a person has an excess supply. Anybody that plants a lemon tree needs their head examined.

Posts: 40 | Location: Phoenix AZ. | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote