Find
Notify
Tools

ANY RELIABLE UPDATE ON WOODLEIGH?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
Frankly, I don't believe what they are posting on their website. I did email them and they told me they were back in production, but I haven't seen a single bullet here in the US.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Thought the same thing. However I would think most retailers would not want to trickle out just a bullet or two. I'm thinking they are building up quite a a bit of their catalog of bullets before say Midway would want to start stocking their products?

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right, Mac. I also communicated with Norma and they've basically stopped production because of the unavailability of the bullets.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
They need a distributor to bring them in. Huntington's is closed. I know they were talking to some people at SHOT show.

I must say that to cast doubt on what has been a long-standing, reliable supplier, run by good people who are trying to rebuild after a devastating fire simply because you haven't seen a single bullet is, well, a bit short-sighted.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well, when I get an email from them categorically saying they will be back in business in the US by January and nothing happens, I guess it was short sighted on my part in believing that to be the case. Here is the response to my query dated 06 Sept:

On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 02:05:09 AM EDT, Woodleigh Bullets <zedfield@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi Jorge,

We should be on to .375 SN in 6 weeks or so.

Regards,

Geoff McDonald

Zedfield Pty Ltd t/a Woodleigh Bullets

NSW DL 406494768

PO Box 15, Murrabit, VIC 3579

PH 03 5457 2226

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting Smiler this thread. I did email them last week and received no response. Maybe the mob from Australia can provide some insights? I REALLY need some 375 270s and 300s!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Geoff and Shirley are doing their very best to get up to speed with manufacture and stocks of their great range of bullets.
Obviously they have filled a very welcome niche providing bullets for the common and not so common big game cartridges and especially supplying bullets in quantities for other ammunition manufacturers.

The shooting world should be concerned as to what will happen when Geoff and Shirley decide it is time to retire from the business. Despite initial hesitation about re-building (according to news reports), thankfully they have decided to invest a lot of time and money into doing so but perhaps more to the point, is there any succession planning in place.

Based on the history of Woodleigh on their website, Geoff must be in his early seventies now as I am. Ironically we treaded parallel paths back in the late '70s both of us getting our first big game rifle and hankering for a safari to the Northern Territory to hunt buffalo. Like Geoff relates where he was fortunate to obtain some new Bell 577 cases from John Saunders of Century Arms for his Boswell underlever double, I too obtained some RWS 404 solids from John Saunders to load into RWS cases a German friend gave me for my recently acquired 404 Jeffery. I hunted the NT buffalo in late '78 with Geoff doing so a year later. Geoff also relates to hunting a lot of small game with his Gevarm E1 semi auto 22RF, I also had a Gevarm E1 back then and still have it.

Anyway best wishes to Geoff and Shirley and hope Woodleigh Bullets is soon back up to the same well respected business it was before the devastating fire.

Posts: 3848 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Resurrecting Smiler this thread. I did email them last week and received no response. Maybe the mob from Australia can provide some insights? I REALLY need some 375 270s and 300s!

Maybe try North Fork Percussion Point 300 gn as a close substitute ? Reloading International has stock.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2014 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Just received this from Geoff:

> On Apr 1, 2024, at 16:25, Woodleigh Bullets <zedfield@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>

Hi Jorge,

We are getting close to appointing a new US distributor.

We might have some stock available in you country by June/July.

Regards,

Geoff McDonald

Zedfield Pty Ltd t/a Woodleigh Bullets

NSW DL 406494768

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member