New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 x 54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would love to hear whatever loads you can give for this rifle and all the expirence you have with it as well. For some reason I really think I need one. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 356 | Location: Lansing, MI | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not much experience here Scott but I just bought a 6.5 MS carbine from Conifer on the classifieds in this forum. You may find the photos in the archives. I had 'always' sort of wanted one and figured wth it is only money. The little rifle is superb and I tried out a few cobbled together rounds in the yard yesterday. It is a sweet shooter. My rifle is a 1965 Model GK which is the Euro model-not Stoeger marked. It has the G&H side mount. Plateau Hunter

Posts: 171 | Location: Cannon Co., TN | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I have an original 1903 and love the short little thing. It is way too short an LOP. I have not loaded for it for years, but this gun's capabilities far outweight its little size. A frend of mine has done serious damage with one on pigs, blk bears, and deer. Everyone should own a 6.5

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Model 1903 Mannlicher really likes a 160 gr Hornady round nose loaded over 37.4 gr of Hogdon 4831SC and a Federal 210 primer. Mine has a peep sighton on it and with this load will shoot a 2 inch group at 100 yards all day long. And that is better than my old eyes can usually see.

The load is quite mild, but I have never recovered a bullet from any game shot with it so far.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Norma powders exclusively in my 6.5x54s (M1903, MCA, and SBS). 156grain Norma and RWS bullets with 38.5 grains of N204, or 37.5 grains of N203. Chronographs at 2375 fps. Loading 139 grain Normas with 38.0 grains N203 for chronographed 2535 fps. Loads have been successful on Axis deer and Whitetails.
LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote