Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lee Handpress - any good?
 Login/Join

posted
Have used one off and on for 10 years. It was real handy when I lived in a roommate situation where there was no shop for reloading. Many an evening at the kitchen table reloading for my .44 and .338, still use it sometimes. Not the fastest way to reload but quite do-able. Get a lee hand prime tool for priming. When full length sizing pay a little more attention to lubing the inside case neck(for rifle). You don't have as much leverage as with a press. Uses existing dies. Add a scale for powder and you're in business.

Eric

<eldeguello>
posted
Yes. They work OK for sizing and bullet seating of calibers like the '06, etc. However, the thing has no provision for priming (a serious omission, for a portable outfit) so you've gotta drage a priming tool along with you in addition to the dies, press, and powder measureing equipment!

one of us
posted Hide Post
i tried a lyman accupress that can be used by hand or on a bench. for me, to much effort to partial resize and had trouble holding press cartridge and bullet when seating. bolted it to a short piece of 2x4 and c clamp it to a book shelf or clamped it to a railing on a patio at previous apartment. then i replace it with a lee reloader press since it is so much lighter.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote