New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloader 22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
a buddy of mine give me some 300 win mag shells to see how they grouped in my gun. they were loaded with 76 gr. of Norma MRP. it shot great. so i started to look to buy some norma MRP. not many places carry it and that makes me wonder if i will be able to get it down the road. during my search i found that a lot of people said that norma MRP was the same powder as reloader 22. some said that it came out of the same building made the same way. i just wondered if it is the same. i know it has a burn rate about the same

Posts: 91 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
Email Norma or Alliant.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I used MRP for years. I found the burn rate varied VERY LITTLE between lots of powder. When I could no longer get it I switched to RL22 like you I had heard it was the same. The first bottle of RL22 I bought was several grains hotter than my MRP loads. Second bottle of RL22 was basically the same as MRP. I have some loads that match my MRP loads others are maybe half a grain different. The second bottle was within normal lot variations of MRP.

So after all that typing. Even if I was using a new bottle of MRP I wouldn't simply load with his load without backing off and working up. You need to to the same with RL22 and chances are you can get real close to his load.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
grafs &sons have it in stock
great powder, WORKS REALLY WELL IN MY 06

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful of Rel 22 & 25, as lot to lot variations are "often" quite a bit, with Rel 25 being the worst offendeer.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote