Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nosler`s c t lubalox coating
 Login/Join

posted
can you interchange lubalox coated bullets and uncoated bullets in the same gun??? or is this product (lubalox) same as moly and is recomended to start whith a copper free barrel??
what is lubalox anyway and what velocity loss are we looking at in a 280 whith 140 grain sierra uncoated at 3000 fps??
further comments on nosler`s combined technology silver tips needed please!!

Posts: 18 | Location: tucson az | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
In a brief test outing w/ my .280 & 160NP & 160CT, I found that after shooting the NP, my groups shooting the CT opened up quite a bit. If I shot only the CT from a clean bbl. things were fine. For this reason I don't shoot "coated" bullets in my rifles anymore. I threw the balance of the box into the tumbler & polished the coating off, they shoot fine.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience is much the same. My barrels sling them all over. They will shoot moly bullets, but that lubalox crap is just that,...crap IMO and in my rifles. You may get a better result, but I sure don't. I use the remaining coated bullets from that lot for hunting in the woods or fields that the shots are no more than 100yds.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote