Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOD.70COYOTE 300WSM
 Login/Join

posted
I've shot almost 100 round's of the Win.150 ballistic silver tip's and I'm getting minute of angle group's on average and sub minute alot of the time.I just recieved my neck size dies and I'm going to load sierra's 168bthpm bullet's.Any one done any loading for this particular rifle?On any bullet?

Posts: 10 | Location: LaGrande OR.USA | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't worked with the 165 class bullets in my 300 WSM, but I have worked with the 155 Sierra MK, the 155 Lapua Scenar, and the 175 Sierra MK. My rifle likes both IMR 4064, Varget, and N550 with the 155 gr. bullets, and N550 or N560 with the 175 MK. A friend of mine use the 300 WSM as a coyote gun with the 125 Nosler B.T. and H4350. It is both accurate and devastating on coyotes. Another guy I know uses N550 with the 150 Partition with very good results. He killed an elk with the bull went down his tracks and got complete penetration. Hope this has helped some.

Shoot Safe, Shoot Straight.....RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range.Shot some 125 Ballistic tips using IMR4350 and got about the same groups I was getting with factory 150 Ballistic silver tips,not bad but not one hole either.I'll play with bullet seating depth and a reduced charge,see what that gets me.Thanks for the info,I got some H4895 on the shelf and some 150 ballistic tips,I know the gun is capable of one hole groups,I did it with factory ammo already,but consistency is marginal.I will keep you posted,I will find the right combination.Back to the press.

Posts: 10 | Location: LaGrande OR.USA | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have any H4350 try that with the 125 B.T. IF you have the new Sierra manual check it. It gives some good loads for the WSM. Actually that is where the friend that uses the WSM on coyotes got his load. It shoots .3 grain of powder above the load Sierra listed as the hunting load. My rifle was custom built with a very short throat so I know my loads won't work for you. My rifle builds pressure very quick. But powders shot that so well in my rifle works for others it just takes more of it. You will like that Coyote rifle.

Shoot Safe, Shoot Straight.......RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Went to every sporting goods store in town and even 50 miles away to the next town,do you think I could find a reloading manual with any of the WSM's?Let alone the Sierra book I was lookin for?Hell no.One more place to try tomorrow.H4350 is deffinately on the next go round and some 168 BTHPMK's.Those shot so well in my M1A Nat. Match I just cant let them go.But still looking for the sub min. 125 Ballistic tip load.Shot 3 Yotes with the factory 150 Bal.Silver tips and 2 deer so far and have had excellent results.But rock chuck season is just around the corner and I need a good vaporizing load,you know for? humane sake.I will keep checking back so if anyone beats me to it,let me know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't want to change the subject but have any of you changed your triggers?

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BUXOM:
Here's a link to a site dedicated to the Short Magnums, you'll find what you're looking for on their downloads page.
Good luck,
[Smile] MM

ShortMags.Org

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote