New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case polishing.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any of you ever used MAAS metal polish on your cases? I have used Flitz in the past with success. I have been having trouble finding more and ran across this brand of metal polish and was wondering if anyone has used it and run into problems with it.

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used MAAS, but have used Simichrome as well as Flitz. They're pretty much all the same. I doubt it will cause any problem.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you what, I just did 39 pieces of 308 norma brass with maas and 2 rags and about 2 hours of elbow grease. was it worth it in the end? The cases look fantastic, I'm taking a picture tomorrow in daylight, I left one of the 40 unpolished for contrast.

How much ammonia is in it? is it enough to "harden" the brass? I did it as the brass is for sale in teh classifieds and I thought it might help it sell, however I am happy to keep it for my own rifle now that it is so pretty if somebody has a problem with it being polished that way.

(yes, I know this is an old thread, I searched out any posts on forum abotu MAAS polish, since it is awesome)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote