New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harbor Freight polisher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just thought I would mention Harbor Freights polisher. They work fantastic and they are on sale for 39 bucks periodicly ( It seems like every couple of months or so. ) Ive got two from Midway and Harbor Freights are much Heavier and clean so much better and faster. They look just like the Midway ones but weigh twice as much. They are advertised just as bolt polishers ect but they have a goldmine for reloaders. Harbor freight has stores all over the US and have catalogs and are on the internet. Hope this helps some of you out !!!

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that the reg price on this polisher is 59 bucks still worth it. Use it for up to 30 days and return it if not satisfied . They return things no questions asked. Also like their black tool liners for the reloading bench works great. They have nice digital calipers for 15 bucks on sale periodcly too! Like their tool prices too. Hey am no way affiliated with this company just like it. Also go to your local Petsmart store and buy ground up walnut hulls for the lizard cages I believe ten pounds is around ten bucks. Now you are all set to clean some brass . will do a great job finish it with corn cob and a little polish presto!! good looking cases Good reloading to everyone on this great forum!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Philbilly: Harbor Freight also keeps ground walnut shell in 25-lb quantities. Like the tumblers, it goes on sale fairly often.

If you don't have one of their $16.95 electronic calipers, you are missing the boat. I bought a second one for a spare in case the first one goes bad, gets dropped, or otherwise goes south on me. $34 worth of calipers (which are as accurate as any available) is less than half of what you would spend for the cheapest model elsewhere.

BTW: I would rather have and am willing to pay for higher quality American-made stuff, but it's just not out there on the market. Hope China doesn't call our loans.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stoney.....You mean Harbour Freight's $9.99 electronic digital 6" calipers!!! LOL!!

Kevin Gullette

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea thanks stonecreek have seen the 25LBs of walnut but havent seen them on sale. How much on sale do you recall? Is the walnut fine or course ground? I like the petsmart stuff for lizard cages because it isnt too finely ground but ist too course either. Hey i dont like everything being made in China either but it is getting hard not to find things made there. Go to Sears and most of their stuff is made in China too for double the price of Harbor Freight!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ive got cen-tech calipers from harbor freight. They are electronic 4 Inch and go from inch to metric. I paid about 15 on sale and they are righ ton the money with my expensive ones!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I can't recall the sale price of the 25 lb of walnut, but it was a fraction of what other tumbling media sells for. Its grind is perhaps just a little coarser than that you buy from the reloading supplies. It does a good job, but like all media is still small enough to stick in flash holes.

The 6" calipers are only a dollar more than the 4" calipers when on sale. But the 4-inchers would do just about everything you want around a loading bench. I also have a set of digital micrometers from HF (too cheap not to buy), but I virtually never use them since the caliper does everything I need.

I bought one of their $39.95 bench drill presses. I occasionally use it to drill a hole, but regularly chuck my chamfering/deburring tool in it to finish dressing case necks. At $39.95 it's a lot more economical than reloading tools made for neck dressing, and it will drill a hole to boot.

None of this stuff is anywhere close to "pro" quality machine tooling, but it is more functional, versatile, and economical than much of the stuff that RCBS etc. will try to sell you.

You're exactly right about nearly everyone's merchandise originating in China. I'd rather buy it from Harbor Freight where at least they're honest about it and price it at "Chinese" prices, rather than go to Sears and pay "German" prices for Chinese goods.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gonna have a hard time beating the petco price on walnut.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While Im on the subject of Harbor Freight just bought a nice one half inch hammer drill for 25 bucks (reg ) 50 . It really goes thru concrete and is variable speed. My wife doesnt like me to go there as I always spend money.