New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Berger 270 cal VLD bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Announcing the NEW Berger 270 cal. 130gr. VLD, 140gr. VLD, and 150gr. VLD.

We have resolved all of our production issues and are making the 130gr. bullets right now, with the 140s and the 150s to follow.

The size of the first run for each bullet will be consistent with an introductory release.

If you want to receive some of the bullets from this first run, we strongly recommend that you place an order with your dealer or directly with Berger at 714-447-5456 as soon as possible.

Our BC and twist rate recommendations will be released soon. However, the bullets were designed to work in a 1 in 10†twist.

Please email Michelle Gallagher at michelle.gallagher@bergerbullets.com if you have any questions.

Regards,
Eric

If you want to strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
If you want to strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.

Posts: 32 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric, Welcome Aboard! Darn shame your very first post has to be an ad, but it it good to see a Berger Representative join the Board.

I just read in this thread on 168gr Berger Bullets via second-hand info that Barsness thinks the Bullets are for smaller Big Game. Do you all agree with that?

Did I remember incorrectly some kind of Berger ad that the Bullets would "never" Exit Game?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well Welcome Erick..

Actually I think it is a good sign that Berger took the time to come onto AR...

We must be in the phone book...!

And Bergers available in the 270! excellent marketing move!

I'll be getting some!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The important thing to keep in mind regarding John's article is that we had an opportunity to shoot 31 animals in New Zealand. Most of which were smaller big game. We did take three red stag bucks that are the equivilant of small to medium sized elk.

John is known for relaying his experience and based on his experience his conclusions are spot on and consistent with the results many hunters are observing.

I am also aware of many hunters who are happily reporting complete success in taking large elk, caribou, moose, black bear and other large African plains game. If John had an opportunity to shoot more large game he likely will have recommended our bullets for these as well.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for John because he will tell it like it is be it good or bad but it will speak on what HE observes personally so his comments make perfect sense.

Something else to keep in mind is that using match bullets for game hunting is not the most popular concept and I can understand why (I won't go into that now). The Berger VLD is doing things differently than the "match" bullets that caused concern. John had a chance to see this for himself and share this with his readers. It speaks to his character that he can share his experience even though his observations conflict with the common belief of the day.

I can assure you that the word "never" is not a safe word. It is true that most of the time on deer sized game the Berger VLD will not exit. The VLD can exit when used on small deer or antelope sized game. There are of course velocity factors and shot placement factors involved that will influence this result.

I am going to start a "ask Berger" post that will be able to address any questions on Berger.

Eric

If you want to strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
If you want to strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.

Posts: 32 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice response, glad to have you aboard.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote