Find
Notify
Tools

Load development for 300 WSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey everyone!

I'd like to start developing a load this winter for my 300 WSM (shooting a LH Tikka T3). I hope to use this on moose, elk or deer next year.

I have everything I need except the powder and primers. I would prefer to start with 180gr Nosler Partitions as I've already purchased them but would be open to other suggestions. I'm leaning towards Vihtavuori N550 (though having trouble finding it in Saskatoon). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm working off of the Nosler 6 reloading guide.

Posts: 39 | Location: Saskatoon, SASKATCHEWAN | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RL17 with 180 Accubond and 165 Game Kings has worked great for two rifles I've worked up.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted this in another thread...

All I had when I loaded for a friend was DP-85, which Accurate/Western claims can be loaded using Ramshot Hunter data. I used 165-grain Speer GS and opted for one grain under max for that weight projectile loaded with Hunter, with Fed. 215s, brass trimmed to spec and flash holes de-burred. His LH Tikka shot them to .5 MOA at 100 and no pressure signs...

I would take a look at Ramshot Hunter and see what you think. I was very impressed with the DP-85 results, and I believe it is Hunter that didn't quite make burn rate...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own two rifles chambered in 300 WSM and have loaded for several others. Two loads that have been outstanding in all of them are as follows:

Near Max load IMR 4831 behind the 180 Nosler Partition for about 3000 fps

Near Max load H 4350 behind the 168 Barnes TSX
for about 3100 fps

All loads used Winchester cases and Fed 215M primers.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote