THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Both have 24" barrel.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Both have 24" barrel.
 Login/Join

Picture of Jonsson
posted
I have, those above calibers in my arsenal and I keep on looking for reloading data for these calibers. To my 8mm rem mag, I have a pretty good charge. I use where the Swift A-frame 220 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma MRP and get V0 approximately 860 m / s. Are there any of you who have a better charge with the same bullet with higher V0 m / s?

Earlier this year I bought Rem. 700 Safari in caliber 416 rem. mag. and which uses the former owner of Woodleigh RN 400 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma 203B. I had to inaugurate it last fall by shooting a female moose in Sweden. I have some loads to 416 r m but I am interested in more loads for this caliber.

In Sweden there is no importer of Alliance Powder now and it is very sad. I have used this powder before my 8 mm r m

I thank you in advance and hope I can help with this.

PS.
My English is not the best but I hope you understand what I have written.

Redgers

Stefan

/Stefan

It requires a whole new way of thinking to solve the problems we created with the old way of thinking.
/ Albert Einstein

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Posts: 19 | Location: Kalix, Sweden 50 km south the arctic circle | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jonsson, welcome to AR!

Your English is excellent and perfectly understandable (beats the hell out of my Swedish!)

I load for both the 8mm Rem Mag and the .416 Rem Mag. I'll be glad to get you some actual data when I return to my home.

Please be aware that many of the Alliant rifle powders are identical to and have a corresponding powder in the Norma line. For example, Norma MRP and RL-22 are the same specification powder, as are RL-19 and N204. So, you can often find a Norma powder to substitute for an Alliant powder, using the Alliant data for a starting load.

Do you have available to you any of the Hodgdon or IMR powders?

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I have used Reloader 15 for loads in the 416 Rem Mag. The following are the two I have used most often:

81 gr RL-15, Winchester Large Rifle Magnum (LRM) primers (all I could find), and the 350 gr Barnes TSX

80 gr RL-15, Win LRM primers, North Fork 370 gr Soft Point and Flat Point Solids

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Jonsson, welcome to AR!

Your English is excellent and perfectly understandable (beats the hell out of my Swedish!)

I load for both the 8mm Rem Mag and the .416 Rem Mag. I'll be glad to get you some actual data when I return to my home.

Please be aware that many of the Alliant rifle powders are identical to and have a corresponding powder in the Norma line. For example, Norma MRP and RL-22 are the same specification powder, as are RL-19 and N204. So, you can often find a Norma powder to substitute for an Alliant powder, using the Alliant data for a starting load.

Do you have available to you any of the Hodgdon or IMR powders?

Hi Stone Creek!

Thanks!

I use Google translate so that I get a fairly good translation. Haha!

Ok! That sounds good. I am waiting for your charges. Are the charges that you have tried your way to or developed with the help of loads programs? While the RL-powder were sold in Sweden so I used the RL 25, which gave me a few mph to the Swift A-frame 220 gr.

Yes, I have access to these propellants in Sweden and most other American gunpowder brands in Sweden.

/ Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"

/Stefan

It requires a whole new way of thinking to solve the problems we created with the old way of thinking.
/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Posts: 19 | Location: Kalix, Sweden 50 km south the arctic circle | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
I have used Reloader 15 for loads in the 416 Rem Mag. The following are the two I have used most often:

81 gr RL-15, Winchester Large Rifle Magnum (LRM) primers (all I could find), and the 350 gr Barnes TSX

80 gr RL-15, Win LRM primers, North Fork 370 gr Soft Point and Flat Point Solids

Hi Oday450!

Thanks for your loads!

/Stefan

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

/Stefan

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jag tror att mrp2 är motsvarigheten till rl25. Du kan också kolla på rhino krut. Brinnhastigheten kan variera lite så du måste backa på laddningarna och arbeta upp.

Norma,rhino,rws och alliant reloader kommer från Nexplo bofors.

I`ll think what mrp2 is the same as rl25.
rhino powders is also similar.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my 8mag likes 200 grain partitions with lots of 7828 and a fed mag primer.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
Jag tror att mrp2 är motsvarigheten till rl25. Du kan också kolla på rhino krut. Brinnhastigheten kan variera lite så du måste backa på laddningarna och arbeta upp.

Norma,rhino,rws och alliant reloader kommer från Nexplo bofors.

I`ll think what mrp2 is the same as rl25.
rhino powders is also similar.

Hej!

Ja, det kanske det gör men jag aldrig uppnått en högre hastighet än med RL- 25 i 8 mm rem mag o 220 gr Swift A-frame. Cirka 890 m/s.

Ja, jag vet det! Vet du om det finns någon i Sverige som säljer RL-krut numera?

Hi!

Yes, maybe it does but I never achieved a higher rate than with the RL-25 in 8mm rem mag o 220 gr Swift A-frame. Approximately 890 m / s.

Yes, I know it! Do you know if there is someone in Sweden that sells RL gunpowder now?

/Stefan

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

/Stefan

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:
my 8mag likes 200 grain partitions with lots of 7828 and a fed mag primer.

Ok!

Thanks!

/Stefan

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

/Stefan

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No i dont know of any rl sellers now.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
No i dont know of any rl sellers now.

Ok!

/Stefan

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just proofing a load in my .416 this weekend. I very much liked 80.0 grains of AA4064 with a Hornady 400 grain (26 gm) bullet which chronographed at 2400 fps (792 m/s). This combination went into a 1.1" group at 100 yards (equal to about 3 cm at 100 meters).

Let me caution that AA4064 is somewhat different from IMR 4064 and seems a bit slower. If you used IMR 4064 in this application I would recommend dropping the charge by 4 to 5 grains then working from there.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Jonsson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
I was just proofing a load in my .416 this weekend. I very much liked 80.0 grains of AA4064 with a Hornady 400 grain (26 gm) bullet which chronographed at 2400 fps (792 m/s). This combination went into a 1.1" group at 100 yards (equal to about 3 cm at 100 meters).

Let me caution that AA4064 is somewhat different from IMR 4064 and seems a bit slower. If you used IMR 4064 in this application I would recommend dropping the charge by 4 to 5 grains then working from there.

Hi Stonecreek!

Ok! It sounds interesting!

Yes, I will think about it when I start charging.

/Stefan

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke"