New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to Buy An Oehler 35 Chronograph?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Midway used to carry them at below the factory price, but they're out with no backorder. Does anyone now carry them at a discount?

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they went out of business. You might find one on Ebay.van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recomend buy direct from Oehler Research. They are good people and will do you right.

Oehler Research
PO Box 9135
Austin TX 78746
512-327-6900/ fax 512-327-6903
800-5315125

http://oehler-research.com

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand that Oehler is discontinuing their retail line and the 35P. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Natchez Shooters Suppy list them in stock. 35P with 3 Sky Screens.

http://www.natchezss.com

I hope that is just a rumor about Oehler as I just bought one this summer. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I poked aroung the Oehler site and didn't see anythign about them quitting the consumer business. Did find all thier chronographs for sale in thier store. Here's the
35P for U.S. $345.00.

Ebay is a good suggestion. That's where I got my 35P.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received a 35 P from Oelher direct.
Cost was 345. Could not find it any cheaper online- did not try eBay as I have found it more hassle than the savings on a good many items. Natchez, Midway and Mid South either did not have in stock or were the exact price as Oehler.
Looking forward to taking it out as soon as the wind drops below 30 knots around here.
Anyway, thst's my experience in buying a 35P

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. I called Oehler yesterday prior to posting about a tech question, so I know where they are. It's just so unlikely to have only one source for something these days, it never occurred to me that I'd have to buy direct. I even told the guy on the phone I'd be buying through Midway and he didn't say anything. Probably they've recently changed their distribution arrangements and thought there might still be some out there somewhere.

Jaywalker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Most shooter buy from Oehler directly. Oehler does offer a "wholesale" price, but only to stocking dealers and requires (or used to require) the dealer's ad from the yellow pages to confirm that they are selling to a real store and not just some yokel doing business from his kitchen table.

Oehler has a reputation for excellent product support; but like the producers of other quality products, such support is rarely needed and is usually limited to the uninitiated shooting their screens, or backing a truck over their insturment when suddenly finding themselves out of beer and in urgent need of resupply.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
is usually limited to the uninitiated shooting their screens

Big Grin
As John Barsness said, "If you haven't shot a chronograph, you haven't shot much."

Jaywalker