New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request for Quickload Pressure info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a couple of loads for my .300 Win Mag.
Could anybody assist with running my data to find what pressures these loads develop please ?

Tikka T3X rifle / action. True Flite 24 inch, 1/10 twist barrel.

Load 1.
Case: Norma, Primer: Federal 215 Magnum, Powder: RL17, Charge: 69.50 gns, Bullet: Barnes TTSX 180 gn, COAL: 85 mm ( 3.346 inch ), Chronographed MV: 3110 fps

Load 2.
Case: Norma, Primer: Federal 215 Magnum, Powder: AR 2213 sc ( = H 4831sc ), Charge: 75.50 gns, Bullet: Hornady SST 180 gn, COAL: 85.70 mm ( = 3.374 inch ), Chronographed MV: 3017 fps

Thankyou in advance. Just say if additional data is required.Quickload

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2091 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who looked at my post.

Is anyone able to help with the info I am hoping for....???

Posts: 2091 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
someone with quickload could run the numbers.
I'd use what the book says they ain't gonna be dead on in your rifle anyway.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I probably didn't phrase my question correctly.

So, would anyone with Quickload mind running my numbers please ?
Cheers

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I ran your data through my QL.
The number 1 is WAY over max pressure by 3000+PSI

The number 2 is just 1800 PSI under max.
I would not use either load!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
In my Quickload, #1 is OK:

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Second one is more than OK:

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri,
Excellent. Really appreciate you doing this.
Many thanks.
Cheers
GRANT

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
No problem :-)

Jiri

BTW if you want results more accurate, tell me water capacity of fired cases and trim to length.