Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Nosler Brass Made..?????
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All...Just read on the Jouster forum that Nosler and Hornady brass is made in SERBIA...???!!!! Can anybody shed any light on this..??? Also, Handloader magazine siad Nosler was very tight lipped about where their brass was being manufactured....
Pete

Posts: 23 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm told that it's made by Norma. Also, Nosler's rifle this year is 280AI, and Norma apparently makes the brass for it (no one else has this brass). HandLoader reported that Norma may or may not be marketing the brass under their own brand.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of their brass is extremely heavy compared to win and rem. The 308 brass I just got is really heavy. Norma doesn't normally have "heavy for cartridge" cases. If I had to bet I'd say they might be contracting with several suppliers depending on caliber/cartridge. I'd think that quality control could be a real challenge....not that it can't be done well....just a real challenge.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nosler4 on the nosler forum JUST posted that the Nosler Brass is made in the USA.....

Posts: 23 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Who cares? It's great stuff! thumb

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sargeny1:
Nosler4 on the nosler forum JUST posted that the Nosler Brass is made in the USA.....

Early on, I was under the impression it was made by Winchester. Seems logical since they have so many other business dealings and combined products.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns