Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Improved Dies?
 Login/Join

<Tunacan>
posted
Hello,

Can anyone give me some insight as to what dies to buy for my 6mm AI? Where can I buy them as well?
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get Redding dies in 6mm Ack from Sinclair Intl. Have heard that there web sight has been having problems so here is there phone number 260-493-1858. The price for the dies is 64.50 for the full length set but the offer all of their styles in your caliber.

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know, there is another option that you may want to try. I have a 22-250 Ackley Improved rifle that is over 10 years old and is about wore out. I have never bought a dedicated set of dies for it yet.

My dad and I have both had good luck loading the 22-250 AI with the Lee Collett die sets sold for the standard 22-250 Remington. These dies only size the neck and do not resize the shoulder or body. The Ackley shells are readily neck sized in the standard dies and the set also works just fine for bullet seating.

I can only imagine that the 6mm Rem Collett dies would work just fine for a 6mm AI. It might be worth a try, could save you lots of money.

On the other hand, any product sold by Sinclair International will be first rate.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well you got Sinclairs #. I think you would do well with the Redding type S dies which use a bushing. I would get the neck die set with a body die. You can give sinclair a call and they will help you. Good luck Tom

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 6mm AI dies are Redding as well and they work quite well. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote