THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    belted mag collet resizing die by Larry Willis?????

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

belted mag collet resizing die by Larry Willis?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Stumbled upon this fellows website. Claims this one die will work for most big belted magnum cases.
Have any of ya'll ever used this particular collet?? I believe that you use it after resizing to prevent the bulge in front of the web. Comments?

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
If this is the product by someone called "Innovative" that does as you say then it's a solution to a non problem as FL dies will reduce the body diameter just fine.

In fact the product may be a safety problem itself as it will work the weakest part of the case more than needed.

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
This guy was here peddling his product a couple of years back and was laughed right out of here.

About the only place his product has a place is for badly eccentric or egg shaped chambers sometimes found in factory guns. I've never run into the chamber where his product would have any merit but obviously he has, and there must be others as well. If I had a chamber with the need for something like that I'd either rebarrel or have the chamber recut and set the barrel back. Unless he's come up with something different than his original offering, there truly isn't much need for that die.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
not to mention the fact that has to be the most expensive FL die I have ever seen at $90. I'll stick with a body die for $20.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With engineers, there is a figure of speech, "a solution groping for a problem".
This term, when used appropriately, can end the discussion of an idea.

--
A society that teaches evolution as fact will breed a generation of atheists that will destroy the society. It is Darwinian.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen-- this is exactly what I suspected. Can't believe this product is in Cabela's and several other catalogs. I do thank you for the replies.... [Eek!]

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote