Notify
Tools

Re: I shoulda played the lotto...sorta
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
That camo tape will do it every time...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... I am a sexist pig.

Obviously nothing wrong with that!

Quote:

... Pressure builds on the trigger, and then the sear breaks.....

Nothing like a broke sear to ruin a Hunt!

Quote:

... I have fired over 750 paper patch loads through the gun,

Always something to wear out or "break" a sear.

Quote:

...I have loaded over 30,000 shotshells, about 3,000 pistol loads, over 10,000 rifle rounds...

Wellllll, loading is fine, won't "break" the sear at all as long as you don't try to fire all that ammo.

Quote:

...all swaddled in cammo tape burped...

Steve might have pegged it about the "camo tape. Did you have it wrapped tight enough to "break" the sear?

---

Quote:

... Don't EVER get rid of your thutty-thutty!...

Words of wisdom!!!

---

Still looking forward to a good PP bullet story once you get that sear fixed.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HC my good man, what did I say about the sear that amuses you so? Perhaps spelling? Is that an incorrect term? Well, just to be fair, the tape was not too tight, I checked it with a "tape torque wrench" as it was applied.

I could use some help finding a carwash that does good work on PU truck beds...

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DD, Are those "Bumper marks" on the hides? Road kills???

Nope, just having some fun with "sear breaking".

---

Hey Man, Congratulations on a couple of fine Deer. 30-30 or PP Bullet?

If you are headed toward KY, stop by and I'll wash it out for you. If you hurry, you can just leave the Deer in there and I'll take care of them too.

---

Perhaps you got the Metric Camo Tape mixed up with the American Standard Camo Tape and it hosed-up the Tape Torque Wrench settings. I'd suspect that Steve has some pages dedicated to this issue where he has tested it out.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cant quit laughing i havent laughed like this in a long time

Posts: 76 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know, I shoulda caught that thing Steve said right off the bat, but it was some damn METRIC CAMMO TAPE that slipped into my bag with some other REAL AMERICAN TAPE. Must have been squeezing that thing too tight!

Well, sorry to say I had to put the PP shooter on the shelf until I had a chance to shoot it again, so it was the T/C Carbine, 30-30 that bagged those two fellas. One on the left was number one, exit looks like the entrance mostly, right behind the shoulder. #2 is pretty much the same story. Seems they both were thinking about the same thing I was thinkin' about when I dropped the hammer on 'em. I saw something really odd though when I shot the first one. He ran about 30 yards before he ran smack into a 6" oak sapling. I mean dead center between the horns. I don't know if the bullet killed him or he just knocked himself senseless, but that oak sure 'nuff stopped him cold.

Well, got the sear fixed, tape is loosened up and the season in younger than me. I'll be looking for that wash job again about a week before Christmas.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
METRIC TAPE! Geesh! Buy 'em books and send 'em to school, and see what they learn?

You probably used rice paper on those loads as well. What's wrong with good old American paper?

(By the way, I enlarged the pictures of the deer in your pick-up, and lo'n'behold, I swear I can read "Goodyear" on them!)

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... the first one. He ran about 30 yards before he ran smack into a 6" oak sapling. I mean dead center between the horns. ...I'll be looking for that wash job again about a week before Christmas.

Ah-ha, the old running them into a tree trick. The truth finally comes out. Should make for easy cleaning though.

If DD had actually used a 30-30, you would have thought he would have at least listed the "LOAD" on the Reloading Board! Duuuuuuhhhhhh!!!

---

Hey Steve, Did you notice that Goodyear in the part he has strategically located in the "shadows"?

The more I look at the picture, the more it looks like the bed of a Subaru Brat. You know, the one with the 2.5' long bed!!! And if you look real close at the top right corner of the bed, that might just be a shoestring instead of a rope.

Well, at least he got the Tape figured out.

---

Hey DD, You bring a load of them right along with you at or near Christmas and we will get it all sorted out. Might even have an "old" KY country ham baked by then and ready for some biscuits.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys don't miss a trick do you?

HC, got any red-eye gravey?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DD, Yes indeed. In fact, 12 hours from now I should just be finished polishing off a bit of it.

Seriously, congratulations on the Deer. Always nice to share some grins.

---

Here is one my very best hunting buddy of all time pulled on me:

Once a long time ago I was in a bit of a hurry to go see a "lady friend" if you know what I mean. Still needed to get some meat on the ground and the longer I hunted, the larger the Does looked. Finally couldn't stand it any longer and blasted two of them that might have gone 90# each.

Got them back and began skinning in the "fast" mode. Got them both ready to go to the Processor and out walks my buddy John with an empty egg carton. He said for me to stick them in it and when I had 10 more that size, it would be full.

Certainly not saying your fine Bucks are in that category. They do look like the vast majority of the ones I've seen killed over the years - good eaters too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well thanks and all that. Your buddy sounds like some of the sicko's I used to work with. BTW, it's an F150, '04. Now the question you gotta ask yourself is: Standard or long bed? Well?

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Special Ford Deer Hunter's Special...called the F-150 SDHSSB (they are taking lessons from Winchester and Remington). The "SDHSSB" stand for Special Deer Hunter's Super Short Bed....it is not 8-feet, it is not 6-1/2-feet, it is not even 4-feet...but is 2-1/2-feet in length...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Steve, but that wasn't available until the '05 release, and only for residents of Rhode Island, Mass., Conn., and Maryland. It was in the fine print...

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Oh, okay...I wasn't aware that it was available only in the northeast...I thought that was the Ford F-149 K&K Special. (You know the model, the one with no guts, only makes left turns, and has a two-speed tranny...reverse and reverse again. But it does come with 5 special service offers, a mink and gold-lined passenger seat and a built-in 8mm movie camera.)

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
GREAT THREAD! READ IT ALL AND USALLY DON'T READ THAT MUCH

wELL WRITTEN dAN!

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote